Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 09:44:15 PM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Guest Lounge
| | |-+  Perry stone
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perry stone  (Read 15829 times)
it'sTana
« on: October 25, 2009, 05:01:18 PM »

Hey all,

I watch Perry Stone every week and also just went to one of the camp meetings in Hixson Tennessee.   I just ran across a website saying that he is a false prophet.   I don't get it.   I am really critical of the preachers that I actually listen to and I even had a really awesome experience at the camp meeting.   What's the deal? 

summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 05:06:02 PM »

I  also  lesson to  perry stone  every  week...   hypnotized...  I  also  want  to  know  what  gives..  He  is  very  inlighting  speaker.!

I just ran across a website saying that he is a false prophet:

What  is  the  name  of  the  web site?Tana?   We  all  gots  to  investagate  this  out.  Because  im  one  of  his  followers.. Grin
summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »

http://www.jesus-is-savio...om/Wolves/perry_stone.htm - 9k - similar pagesPerry Stone is a heretic who sells a meal package on his ministries' website, calls it the Lord's Supper, and claims if you buy it from him you'll be healed ...
Checking  this  out! 
it'sTana
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

Okay, so I searched on here and saw there was a previous discussion on him and I see now, but I'm just like so totally let down.   I Just went and seen him in Tennessee and there was nothing fishy about what he said or anything in fact he was sounding pretty much spot on with things.  At this meeting I received the baptism of the holy spirit for the first time ever.   I looked on his website for this meal package thing and I am not seeing it.     
Chipper
Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

"For God so loved the World, that he gave....."

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »

CC-53 Communion II Package

Just released "CC-53" is our brand new Manna-Fest Communion II Package.

This package comes complete with Perry's newly released book, "The Expanded New Edition of The Meal that Heals" as well as the communion kit for 2 and a bonus CD on healing.

This expanded edition of the Meal that Heals book explains in detail the importance of receiving daily communion for intimacy with Christ and for your healing. 80% of this book includes new revelation not shared in the first book!

The communion kit comes in a black leather pouch including scripture verses, 2 stainless steel cups in a holder, a juice vial, funnel and communion bread container.

The bonus CD is a 50 minute CD featuring a special teaching by Perry Stone, accompanied with background music and special music by Larry and Gina Bean.

This material has proven to minister to so many and you will want to have this for yourself and your loved ones! Grab hold of this truth and apply it to your life!
Hi...It's tana.....the above quote you can read I got from the website summer quoted...
if you go there and click on "sells a meal package" you will see the quote above!

Sometimes these preachers say things that seem alright but you have to really check everything they say....with God's word....and not even sometimes, what you think God's word says, as I have noticed myself what I think the Word says is not quite exactly what it says....if you know what I mean? Wink

Great is Thy faithfulness O God my father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee.  Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be... GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.!
it'sTana
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 07:20:51 PM »

I am pretty upset about this now.   I mean, should I stop watching him?  Should I email the website and be like Hey what's this about?  It stinks because I had such an awesome time at the camp meeting.   I mean I never experienced the power of God in such a way.   I never experienced the holy spirit before that either.   
summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »

All  i  can  say  is  the  guy  is  good...  But  if  i guess being not  a  perfect  Bible  Scaller.   you  wont  pick up  the  little  mistakes  he  has  done...
Like  Chipper  says.  You  gots  to  scrutanize  ever  word  the  comes  out  of  his  mouth. 
Things that  have  been  delth  with  here  in  the  past  seem  to  wear  off.
And  we  get  tricked  into  wrong scripture  again  and  again.
Im  going  to  watch  him  some  more.  And try  to  pick  out  some  of  the  wrong  he  does. hypnotized   It  will  only  make  me  a  better  person  about  bible  works  i  hope? Grin Huh..   Practice,  Practice,  Practice,  makes  perfect.. Wink.......I  guess  Tana..  We  are  gest  to  Gullable. Smiley
it'sTana
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

Well summer sounds like a plan.   I'll look more closely from now on.   
Daisy
Daniel

IN thee O Lord do I put my trust

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 09:50:26 AM »

Hi Tana   Welcome Heart to WoP

I am pretty upset about this now.   I mean, should I stop watching him?  Should I email the website and be like Hey what's this about?  It stinks because I had such an awesome time at the camp meeting.   I mean I never experienced the power of God in such a way.   I never experienced the holy spirit before that either.  

Tana, dear please do not be discouraged about your experience with God. I celebrate the revival in your heart that you experienced and give thanks to the Lord for this change in you! Bless you sister as you search Gods Word and grow closer in the Lord.

The confusion and problem is when we believe a Pastor or a revival has created this change inside of us, then follow this man without questioning to get what they claim to be giving.
Perry Stone is a self proclaimed prophet in the five fold ministry and I urge you to investigate it fully and discover how it measures up with the Word of God.
I have listened to Pastor Stone and actually enjoyed some of his sermons and understand his appeal, but it has been shown he artfully mixes prophecy with with heresy. When I investigated his ministry and merchandising of "communion" and discovered that Perry Stone sells a meal package on his Voice of Evangelism ministry website, calling it the Lord’s Supper, claiming if you buy it from him and take it daily you’ll be healed of any sickness or disease left me cold.

For more information about the "five fold ministry" please check this out
http://www.gotquestions.o...g/five-fold-ministry.html
Question: "What is the five (5) fold ministry?"

Answer: The concept of the five-fold ministry comes from Ephesians 4:11, "It was he who gave some to be (1) apostles, some to be (2) prophets, some to be (3) evangelists, and some to be (4) pastors and (5) teachers." Primarily as a result of this verse, some believe God has restored, or is restoring, the offices of apostle and prophet in the church today. Ephesians 4:12-13 tells us that the purpose of the five-fold ministry is, "to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ." So, since the body of Christ definitely is not built up to unity in the faith and has not attained to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ, the thinking goes, the offices of apostle and prophet must still be in effect.

However, Ephesians 2:20 informs us that the church is "built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the chief cornerstone." If the apostles and prophets were the foundation of the church, are we still building the foundation? Hebrews 6:1-3 encourages us to move on from the foundation. Although Jesus Christ is most definitely active in the church today, His role as the cornerstone of the church was completed with His death, burial, resurrection, and ascension. If the work of the cornerstone is, in that sense, complete, so must the work of the apostles and prophets, who were the foundation, be complete.

What was the role of the apostles and prophets? It was to proclaim God's revelation, to teach the new truth the church would need to grow and thrive. The apostles and prophets completed this mission. How? By giving us the Word of God. The Word of God is the completed revelation of God. The Bible contains everything the church needs to know to grow, thrive, and fulfill God's mission (2 Timothy 3:15-16). The cornerstone work of the apostles and prophets is complete. The ongoing work of the apostles and prophets is manifested in the Holy Spirit speaking through and teaching us God's Word. In that sense, the five-fold ministry is still active.

Also check out Is God restoring the offices of apostle and prophet in the church today?
http://www.gotquestions.o...es-prophets-restored.html

Another discourse The Faulty Foundation of the Five-Fold Ministry can be found here:
http://www.apologeticsindex.org/f09.html

I encourage you to question this ministry closely and any ministry that claims new revelation and anointing by self proclaimed prophets. Many have been led astray by such.

peace Again welcome and hope our forum is a blessing to you.

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 03:11:07 PM »

AMEN Sis Whrose!  Your advice to It'sTana is Spot On! 

Dear Tana, please listen to what Sis Whrose and the other brethren here are sharing with you as they have been Excellent Brethren here on this board for Years and have each done their share of Investigating these various False Prophets and False Teachers and I too have been at this for well over 6 years now and completely concur with their findings!  Especially the Warnings AGAINST the Five-Fold Ministry... It is NOT Biblical (no matter how 'scriptural' they try to make it sound... you'd be Amazed how Easy it is to Twist and Misinterpret Scripture to their advantage and fool Millions in the process Sad  )  The Bible has Much to say about these types of 'teachers' and the awful punishment that awaits those who practice such deceit.

The Best Advice I can give you is to stay away from TV Ministers as much as possible.  I don't know of ONE that can be trusted (there might be... but I doubt it highly).   You might want to scroll through the "Expose'" Section of this message board as well as there are Many Articles and Information on the various deceptions that have entered the churches.   An Ounce of Prevention is worth a Pound of Cure Wink

God Bless and may HE Lead You Into All Truth through HIS Holy Spirit!  In Jesus Name.  Amen

Deb <><

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Caretaker
Old Greybeard Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 02:18:58 AM »

Amen Deb, Whrose, Summer!!

Be very cautious about the TBN programming. The Christian pathway is NOT about health, wealth, and plugging into a Heavenly Power Plug.

The Christian walk is receiving Christ, and yielding ourselves to His will, and allowing ourselves to be molded and mailable in the Master's Hand.

Gal. 5:
22: But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23: Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24: And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25: If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26: Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

A servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
it'sTana
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »

I get it about the whole five fold thing and yeah it is wrong.   What perplexes me is how does God's anointing come upon a meeting where someone like this is preaching?  I had my eyes closed and I seen a pure white light flash over me.   My mom seen it too, and she had her eyes closed as well.   It was like brightest yet clearest light I had ever seen and after I seen it I began to tremble.   There was this little girl beside me, she could have been more than like 9 years old with her hands raised and she was trembling too.   And there were people speaking in tongues and laying hands on others.   

God wouldn't allow a demon to overtake a child like that.   I know it was the Holy Spirit.  Someone tried telling my mom "Yeah I'm sure you felt SOMETHING"  and I feel like an instant justified anger towards those words.   I feel like it was an assault on the Holy Spirit.   I think by that person saying this to my mother that they mocked the holy spirit.   I think it's better for some people to just keep their mouths shut about what they think before they say too much and get themselves in trouble with God himself. 

It's like, what would you even say to someone after they said something like that?  Thanks all.   

summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 07:25:19 PM »

Tana>>>>>>Where  did  this  happen  to  you?  At what  church  it  seems  you  were  at  a  church  gathering?   Was  this  recent? Mo. Yr. ago?
it'sTana
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 07:32:37 PM »

We were at the Perry Stone Camp meeting in Hixson, TN this past late October.   
Caretaker
Old Greybeard Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 08:33:10 PM »

2 Corinthians 11:13-15   For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. (14) And no wonder! For satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. (15) Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

According to Scripture, Jesus said there would be an increase in signs and wonders in the last days, not to ‘vindicate and authenticate the gospel’ but rather to deceive the elect:

"For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." Matt. 24:24 [Mark 13:22; Luke 21:8]

"Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition. . .Even him whose coming is after the working of satan with all power and signs and lying wonders." II Thess. 2:3,9

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils." I Tim. 4:1

Jesus also said that "a wicked and adulterous generation seeks a sign" and gave a most sobering warning:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in they name? and in they name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt. 7:22-23

A ministry is NOT authenticated by the manifestation of signs and wonders, but by adhereence to the true Word of God.

You have already admitted that what Perry Stone teaches is false,(the five-fold-ministry). He is a false teacher, and those sanctioned by TBN are also false.

A servant of Christ,
Drew

1 Tim. 3:
16: And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 09:04:58 PM »

Perry  stone  is  a  hard  one>>Jack Van Imp...                                                 I  suppose  to  be  another..  one... I  watched  Both again  this  week.
He hammered  the  Goverment  real  good.
I  could  not  see   or  find  nothing  wrong?  {Liittle  i  know}
Sooner  or  later  maybe  ill  find  wisdom  enought  to  see  his  wrong  doing/  For  now  im  still  sifting  thought  the  sand.
 Disearning is  not  come  with  birth.  Only  practice.. 

Tana  &  me  &  alot  of  folks  gots  a  lot  of  Disearning  to  disearn/
Untell  them  we  find  peice  in  word  of  a  preacher  we  dont  know ,Well

Thank  you C.T  for  words  of  wisdom... bible
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 10:08:34 PM by summer » Logged
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »

Tana, Please Never elevate an 'experience' (no matter how 'wonderful' it may seem at the time) over the Word of God or the clear warning from Brethren who have spent years researching these things and back up what they're saying with clear scripture.  Remember that the Enemy OFTEN disquises himself as an angel of light and his 'ministers' are transformed into ministers of righteousness (but they are FALSE):

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 (King James Version)

13For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

14And no marvel; for satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

15Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

And...

2 Thessalonians 2:8-10 (King James Version)

8And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

9Even him, whose coming is after the working of satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

So you see, satans minions can perform lying signs and wonders too... to decieve

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
trinity8243
WoP Junior

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2009, 10:59:39 PM »

Hi Y'all. I just had to write a little about this and as usual, I know little about this and most things that are discussed here.
I know that I love to listen to a lot of different preachers and christian speakers that show up on TV and on the net and many are really convincing in what they write and say and some of them, I think are really trying to get folks saved but a lot of them are in the business to make themselves rich. You all know that! We all know that it takes a healthy budget to produce different programs for TV and even for church's but still old green dominates people's souls and hearts. So sad! I think that there's very few folks around that are really after men's souls for the Lord these days. Oh, I know that a lot are but probably a lot more are after the money then souls for Christ.
Ya know, some of y'all are right in my view. The Holy Spirit is everywhere and He can fill one or baptise one at any time or anywhere. And it does not have to be in a church, camp meeting or anyplace in particular. I have even heard of Him filling folks in bad places and those folks never entering those kind of places again.
Jesus is powerful folks and prayers to Him are really powerful so we can't say never. My own filling of The Holy Spirit was when I was 24 years old and it started from the top of my head, very slowly, He went to the soles of my feet. Like a small, powerful, slow electric current. I knew exactly what it was and Who it was. No doubt. I have felt Him many times since but never on that scale. I was in my own living room. What an experience! I can only imaging what some of the rest of you have experienced. Most would exceed mine and some may not but know this, it's not how big the experience but that He does fill you. He does baptise you because He does love you. God Bless you all!

it'sTana
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2009, 05:33:04 PM »

Wow man.   I feel so dumbfounded.   I feel like a fool.   I've been lurking on this board since I was 18 and I haven't posted more than probably 20 times.   I'm now 23.   I know Matthew 7:22-23 popped into my head a few times this weekend.   I've been beating myself up and even started sifting through the New Testament looking for all references to the Holy Ghost.   It's not that I don't want to be wrong, because I'm the first to admit, I'm really good at making mistakes, but I just don't know how I could come back from that experience having such a hunger for God's word and wanting to seek his face and have fellowship with other believers?

I got up and went to the altar call in front of thousands of people.   I put away what people thought about me and how they might judge me for going up there with my 4 month old son in my arms.   It felt like something was just convicting me to go up and refresh my walk with christ.   I called on the name of Jesus . . . . and satan SHOWS UP WHILE I AM PRAYING TO MY FATHER IN HEAVEN IN THE NAME OF JESUS?  WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?  I feel like I could spontaneously explode with. . . . just pure disgust at this moment.       
summer
Daniel

did i jest see a angle

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2009, 07:15:53 PM »

Quote  tana>  I called on the name of Jesus . . . . and satan SHOWS UP WHILE I AM PRAYING TO MY FATHER IN HEAVEN IN THE NAME OF JESUS?  WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?  I feel like I could spontaneously explode with. . . . just pure disgust at this moment. uc..

Could  you explain  this  in  detail?>>  And  satan  shows  up??  While  im  praying?    Exactly  What  kind of  picture  did you  get  of  satan  showing  up?  or  saying  to  you.. ect??/ 
satan  can  come  in  many  ways?  Exactly  which  way  did  he  show  himself?    
« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 09:05:10 PM by summer » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Next Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout