Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 03:15:43 PM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Welcome to Eastwood's All New World of Prophecy!
Please read the Message marked Read Me FIRST...

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  Breaking News
| | |-+  Political Discussion
| | | |-+  URGENT ACTION REQUESTED
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: URGENT ACTION REQUESTED  (Read 345 times)
Daisy
Flowering daughter of Christ
Daniel

IN thee O Lord do I put my trust

« on: July 31, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »

This is a sad day indeed for the protection of life...However the Battle is NOT lost yet and there is to be revote tonight! We who support life MUST get involved to defeat the amendment that will use YOUR TAX DOLLARS to fund and pay for abortion in the health care plan. Please take the time to send a note to your senators today! You might want to as well specifically contact Bart Gordon (Tenn) for his failure to protect life and ask for him to reconsider his vote! This battle is going on right NOW and expected to go late into the night.

House Cmte Defeats Amendment to Stop Abortion Mandate in Health Care Plan

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The House committee that is considering the main House health care restructuring plan defeated a pro-life amendment Thursday night that would stop any mandate for abortion coverage. The vote saw Tennessee Rep. Bart Gordon change his vote, allowing for its defeat.

The panel's vote and re-vote came along with a vote for a phony measure that abortion advocates said would stop abortion funding in the health care bill, but would actually do otherwise.

Reps. Joe Pitts, a Pennsylvania republican, and Bart Stupak, a Michigan Democrat, combined for a bipartisan amendment to prevent mandated abortion coverage in the essential benefits package.

The amendment said abortions could not be a required basic benefit of any government or private plan.

The House Energy and Commerce committee initially approved the amendment on a 31-27 vote.

However, Rep. Henry Waxman, a California Democrat who is the committee chairman, switched his vote from nay to yea at the last minute, so he could call for a re-vote later in the night.

A few hours later, when Waxman brought up the amendment for reconsideration, it failed by a vote of 30-29 with Waxman switching sides along with Gordon, who has a pro-abortion voting record on other issues. Also, a Democrat who hadn't voted the first time, Rep. Zack Space of Ohio, voted against the amendment under reconsideration.

Rep. Joe Barton, a pro-life Texas Republican who is a member of the committee, talked about the vote switch and the defeat of the pro-life Pitts-Stupak amendment.

"The House Energy and Commerce Committee’s majority Democrats managed to have it all ways on the abortion issue Thursday night, at first opting to make abortions available under the government’s 'public-option' health plan, then deciding to disallow them as a basic benefit, and finally reversing that decision just before midnight,' he said.

Barton said the Pitts-Stupak amendment was "designed to prohibit the kinds of abortion services that traditionally have been excluded from government sponsorship."

The congressman also commented on the Capps amendment, that pro-life groups are condemning.

He said her proposal "created a murky accounting mechanism that effectively permitted the government’s 'public option' insurance plan to contain coverage for elective abortions."

"Capps argued that it continued traditional bans on federal funding of abortion services, but [Stupak] refuted that stand, saying the proposal abrogated long-standing ban," he said.

Making abortion services not only available, but “cheaper and more affordable? That’s not a principle I can endorse,” Stupak said of the Capps amendment.

Abortion IS NOT HEALTHCARE!!!
Please express the pro life view that....
Not one penny of public money is used to pay for abortions.
The “Conscience Clause” is not removed from health providers that decline to perform   abortions.
No federal mandate requiring health plans to cover abortions.
No state law restricting abortion would be invalidated.
Planned Parenthood never becomes an “essential community health provider.”

CONTACT YOUR SENATOR HERE
http://www.senate.gov/gen...ormation/senators_cfm.cfm

CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVE HERE
http://www.house.gov/hous.../MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

praying
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 02:24:00 PM by Whrose » Logged

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
For thou art my rock and my fortress: therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me
Psalm 31
Daisy
Daniel

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2009, 09:12:43 AM »

Here is the e-mail that I received from my local representative in response to my letter objecting to government regulations mandating abortion coverage in healthcare plans.

Thank you for contacting me regarding my views on abortion.

I abhor abortion, and I favor adoption. I am committed to reducing the number of abortions. I believe that we need to work toward reducing the number of unwanted pregnancies by promoting adoption and education about abstinence and family planning. Furthermore, the Federal government should not interfere with a woman's right to choose.

I appreciate your sharing your views about such a difficult issue. Please feel free to contact me about other issues of interest to you.

I don't get this kind of political double speak! He abhors abortion yet supports the "woman's right of choice"  duh

LOL...I feel the need to compose another letter addressing this double speak! But I am grateful, because at least he acknowledged my letter and dialogue has been established.
Thank you Jesus!

I encourage all of you no matter how disillusioned you are with the government to please take the time and express your objections to abortion coverage in the health care bill.
Sending a letter and taking the short time may not seem like much but if everyone would take the time to express their view a consensus of objection will be expressed.

Thanks so much!

For thou art my rock and my fortress: therefore for thy name's sake lead me and guide me
Psalm 31
Daisy
Daniel

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 09:44:06 AM »

Here is a statement from Sarah Palin found on Pro Life Blogs

Statement on the Current Health Care Debate

As more Americans delve into the disturbing details of the nationalized health care plan that the current administration is rushing through Congress, our collective jaw is dropping, and we’re saying not just no, but hell no!

The Democrats promise that a government health care system will reduce the cost of health care, but as the economist Thomas Sowell has pointed out, government health care will not reduce the cost; it will simply refuse to pay the cost. And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.

Health care by definition involves life and death decisions. Human rights and human dignity must be at the center of any health care discussion.

Rep. Michele Bachmann highlighted the Orwellian thinking of the president’s health care advisor, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the brother of the White House chief of staff, in a floor speech to the House of Representatives. I commend her for being a voice for the most precious members of our society, our children and our seniors.

We must step up and engage in this most crucial debate. Nationalizing our health care system is a point of no return for government interference in the lives of its citizens. If we go down this path, there will be no turning back. Ronald Reagan once wrote, “Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth.” Let’s stop and think and make our voices heard before it’s too late.

- Sarah Palin

You may not agree with Sarah Palin's political and even theological viewpoint on many things but this is one issue which she demonstrates strong Christian Principles.

Bravo Mrs Palin!  clap May the Lord use you to speak and represent the unborn child and the elderly in this tremendous social issue before us.  praying

Psalm 31
Daisy
Daniel

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:17:26 AM »

Here is a story sure to touch your heart as it did mine! Although it was written in 2007 the message is one that each of us should consider in our stance "Abortion is not Healthcare"!

Aborted and Lived To Tell About It

We're Twinseparable! Happy with his Brother, the Boy Who Refused to Die
They say twins share a strong bond - but the one between Gabriel and Ieuan Jones was unbreakable.

When doctors found that Gabriel was weaker than his brother, with an enlarged heart,and believed he was going to die in the womb, his mother Rebecca Jones had to make a heartbreaking decision.

Doctors told her his death could cause his twin brother to die too before they were born, and that it would be better to end Gabriel's suffering sooner rather than later.

Mrs Jones decided to let doctors operate to terminate Gabriel's life.

Firstly they tried to sever his umbilical cord to cut off his blood supply, but the cord was too strong.

They then cut Mrs Jones's placenta in half so that when Gabriel died, it would not affect his twin brother.

But after the operation which was meant to end his life, tiny Gabriel had other ideas.

Although he weighed less than a pound, he put up such a fight for survival that doctors called him Rocky.

Astonishingly, he managed to carry on living in his mother's womb for another five weeks - until the babies were delivered by caesarean section.

Now he and Ieuan are back at home in Stoke - and are so close they are always holding each other's hand.

Mrs Jones, 35, a financial adviser whose husband Mark, 36, is a car salesman, said: "It really is a miracle. Doctors carried out an operation to let Gabriel die - yet he hung on.

"When I felt him kicking madly the morning after the operation, I suddenly knew that he was going to hang on.

"The doctors couldn't believe it when they could still hear his heartbeat the next morning."

Mrs Jones learned she was expecting twins when she was ten weeks pregnant. She said: "When they told us we were over the moon."

But at her 20-week scan, doctors had some devastating news. One of the boys was half the size of his brother.

They didn't know what was causing it, but somehow he wasn't getting enough nutrients.

Then doctors said his heart was three times normal size and it was likely he would have a heart attack or a stroke in the womb.

Mrs Jones said: "They told us that if he died, it could be life threatening for his brother.

"We had to decide whether to end his life and let his brother live, or risk them both."

It would be kinder to let him die in the womb with his brother by his side than to die alone after being born.

"That made my mind up for me. I wanted the best thing for him."

At Birmingham Women's Hospital, when Mrs Jones was 25 weeks pregnant, doctors tried to sever Gabriel's umbilical cord to cut off his blood supply and allow him to die.

But the cord was too thick, and they could not cut through it.

As a last resort they divided Mrs Jones's placenta so that when Gabriel died, it would allow Ieuan to survive. Mrs Jones said: "I put my hands on my stomach thinking of Gabriel. It was devastating. I had said my goodbyes."

But the next morning Mrs Jones felt Gabriel kicking. A scan showed his heart was still beating. She said: "No one could quite believe it."

Gabriel hung on, and his enlarged heart started to reduce in size. He also gained weight.

When Mrs Jones reached 31 weeks doctors carried out a caesarian to deliver the twins. Ieuan weighed 3lb 8oz and Gabriel 1lb 15oz. Both were kept in hospital, but since going home they have thrived. At seven months, Ieuan weighs 15lb and Gabriel 12lb 6oz.

Mrs Jones said: "The boys are so healthy, they have huge appetites too. Ieuan is the noisy one, while Gabriel is always laughing, it's like he's just so happy to be here.

"There is such a strong bond between them.

"They are always holding hands and if one cries, the other reaches out to comfort him."

"Doctors tried to break their bond in the womb, but they just proved it couldn't be broken."

Amen! The bond so much reminds me of the very same one that Jesus has for His children.

Praise the Lord

Psalm 31
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout