Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 07:58:35 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  World of Prophecy
| |-+  The Original Eastwood's World of Prophecy Forum
| | |-+  Anybody hear about this guy?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anybody hear about this guy?  (Read 2217 times)
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« on: October 24, 2008, 05:24:01 AM »

New messiah or evil anti-Christ: Just who is Rex Farrye?

March 3, 2008 by derekclontz

Copyright (c) 2008 Derek Clontz/4-Page Media, Inc. All rights reserved.

A MAN who claims to have a human mother and a space alien father is said to be working miracles in the Holy Land.

And while untold thousands of true believers are convinced he is the new Messiah who will lead the forces of goodness and light to victory in the Battle of Armageddon, as many or more insist that Rex Farrye is not the Son of God or even a sincere evangelist.

He is, they say, the evil anti-Christ portrayed so chillingly in the Bible’s apocalyptic Book of Revelation.

“I am who I am, nothing more,” the slightly bulb-headed and lily white, almost translucent, Farrye told me exclusively in a rare telephone interview from his ”Miracle Camp” on the outskirts of Jerusalem.

“I am of this world because my mother is of this world,” he said, referring to his claim of having an extraterrestrial father.

“I am not of this world because my father is not of this world. Some say I am the Messiah. Some say I am not.”

No one is denying that Farrye, 33, has performed seemingly impossible healings of hundreds of sick and dying people, many of whom have waited in lines up to a mile long seeking cures that, they believe, only he can give them.

He is also said to have the ability to vanish and reappear hundreds of miles away - and move or destroy objects just by looking at them or waving his hand.

But skeptics - including individuals, religious scholars, and intelligence agencies such as Israel’s Mossad and America’s CIA - say the question isn’t whether Farrye works miracles, it’s, “How does he work miracles - and why.”

“Everybody wants to know how it is he is able to do what he does,” said Laycie Datnoff, a freelance journalist who has reported on Farrye and his ministry since the mystery man began to develop a following late last year.

“Does he heal through mass hypnosis? Are we looking at group hysteria? Does Farrye seed the ranks of the sick and dying with healthy followers who only pretend to be sick and then  ‘miraculously recover’ to make his successes seem more common and dramatic than they really are?

“These are the kinds of possibilities that skeptics, especially religious skeptics, are inclined to embrace when discussing a man like Farrye.

“Unfortunately, dismissing Farrye as a mere charlatan isn’t that simple. For one thing, he lives in poverty and accepts neither gifts nor money for anything he does.

“And it’s pretty clear that he’s working at least some genuine miracles out there. As a journalist I consider myself to be a major skeptic,” she told me.

“And yet I’ve seen Farrye raise people from their deathbeds - people I know for a fact were being eaten alive with cancers and AIDS.

“It’s even been reported that he raised a dead woman from her coffin - alive - simply by commanding her to ‘live again by the Holy Name of God.’

“But he’s not too high and mighty to overlook ‘the little things.’ He’s just as likely to make a wart vanish as help a quadriplegic move again.

“Mossad and the CIA are taking a keen interest in Farrye,” she continued. “With the world on the brink of World War 3,  with strife in the Holy Land threatening to touch off that war at any moment, they have to take a man such as this seriously.

“As word of his miracles spreads, millions of people - and eventually billions of people - may find themselves compelled to take sides.

“Whether Farrye is real or a fake, the Messiah or the anti-Christ, isn’t really the issue. The issue is how much power over mankind can he assume, how quickly can he assume it, and what will he do with that power when he’s got it?

“Beyond that, the question remains: ‘For whom is Farrye working: the forces of light and peace and good - or the forces of darkness and evil and war?’

“To put all this in perspective, ask yourself whether you’d like to live in a world guided by the Pope and Dr. Billy Graham - or by Osama bin Laden and North Korea’s Kim Jong Il?

“It’s clear that Farrye would be right at home with two of these men. But which two? Farrye’s followers insist that his miracles are proof enough of his close relationship with God and the forces of good.

“And yet, a large and growing number of opponents remain unconvinced. They are steadfast in their belief that the miracles might just as easily be a kind of ’satanic sleight of hand’ - the work of a false prophet.”

A murky background doesn’t help his cause. Even though official records show that Farr was born out of wedlock to Jasmine Farrye, in Bethlehem, on December 25, 1974, his past remains shrouded in mystery.

There is no record of him having ever attended school. His mother, whose occupation, if she had one, is unknown, disappeared in 1978.

And his father has never been identified.

Not only that,  Farrye flip-flops on the specifics,  sometimes saying he spent his childhood in London , sometimes saying he spent it in Jerusalem - and sometimes saying he grew up on another planet with his space alien dad.

He has, according to the Jerusalem Post, been more consistent in discussing his immediate purpose, which, he claims, is “to bring love into the world.”

To that end, he reportedly has assembled a tightly knit and highly symbolic group of 12 disciples - just as Jesus Christ did to help spread and perpetuate his ministry some 2,000 years ago.

Meanwhile, with the controversy over Farrye heating up in the Holy Land, a Western intelligence source confirms that Farrye is planning a world tour “to bring his message of love - or hate - to a global audience.”

It is a tour that, another insider says, “the CIA will watch very closely.”

“I want to believe that God has sent a Messiah to keep us from annihilating ourselves in World War 3,” the veteran CIA analyst told me.

“But in my business you’re not allowed to hope and dream - you expect the worst and you prepare for the worst and let the chips fall where they may.”

(End Article)

This one is worth doing a bit more 'checking' on...  Cool

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 06:04:53 AM »

I heard something about this being from a hoax site but will do some checking. Smiley

For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2Samuel22:29
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 06:27:58 AM »

Seems to be a hoax.

http://www.lamblion.us/20...siah-only-one-person.html

Matt 24: 24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25Behold, I have told you before. 26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Fits pretty close, eh? Wink 

For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2Samuel22:29
Eternal
Shadrach

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »

Like a glove. Smiley

And to answer the question in the opening post.. nope, I've never heard of this guy at all.
 Thank you SoftTouch for warning us of this deceiver.

Mike 99
Doulos
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 09:18:39 AM »

(((ST)))

This was posted on Oct. 15 by Dave Grin

http://www.worldofprophec...58.msg46015.html#msg46015
Part of the coming Deception, or just a hoax?

Bondslave of Christ
Mike
Gal 1:10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the bondslave of Christ.(KJV)
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 09:39:31 AM »

(((ST)))

Oh duh!  There goes my lovely 'memory' again Grin  Sorry!

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Daisy
Daniel

the Kingdom of Heaven is like...

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 09:59:34 AM »

(((ST)))

LOL ST...when you find your memory perhaps you find will mine too! crazy
Sometimes I think all I do at this age is remember what I forgot, although there is a new joy as such.

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
Looking for that blessed hope,
                            and the glorious appearing of the great God
                                                             and our Saviour Jesus Christ Tit 2:13
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »

(((ST)))

LOL ST...when you find your memory perhaps you find will mine too! crazy
Sometimes I think all I do at this age is remember what I forgot, although there is a new joy as such.

It's not so bad, really. I can play 'hide and seek' or '20 questions' all by myself! Now, what am I thinking of? Huh

Father of 2
WoP Junior

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

Yeah and when Easter comes you can hide your own eggs! Wink

"He is no fool who gives away that which He cannot keep to gain that which He cannot lose" J. Elliott
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2008, 07:34:07 PM »

haha   
Yeah and when Easter comes you can hide your own eggs! Wink

Good one!  Grin

Chipper
Elder
Global Moderator
Daniel

"For God so loved the World, that he gave....."

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2008, 08:56:52 PM »

I checked it out a little and got this.....
8th March 2008 y do i get only 8 results when i google Rex Farrye ?? EDITOR’S NOTE: Reports indicate that Mr. Farrye might somehow be manipulating news reports that appear on the World Wide Web through followers who know digital media or, as one reporter in Jerusalem put it, “via paranormal means.” Our interview and report was approved by Farrye, making it, indeed, a world exclusive. We have been contacted by several television networks and newsmagazines, including Newsweek, Dateline NBC, 50 Minutes and England’s Mail on Sunday, all seeking additional information. The story is big - it just hasn’t broken in the mainstream yet.
so we may hear more in due time?

Great is Thy faithfulness O God my father. There is no shadow of turning with Thee.  Thou changest not, Thy compassions they fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be... GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS.!
White Tiger
Christian Eschatologist
Global Moderator
Daniel

https://www.facebook.com/
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2008, 10:07:34 PM »

Never heard of this  guy before but worth keeping an eye on.   thinking

white tiger

Did you never run for shelter in a storm, and find fruit which you expected not? Did you never go to God for safeguard, driven by outward storms, and there find unexpected fruit?

—John Owen
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout