Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:00:18 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  World of Prophecy
| |-+  The Original Eastwood's World of Prophecy Forum
| | |-+  Global coastal event
« previous next »
Pages: Prev 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Global coastal event  (Read 2129 times)
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2008, 06:44:36 PM »

We haven't seen the end of it...  In fact, we might possibly just be at the end of the beginning..  If a few more small county's banks fail we'll begin to see a major domino effect that accelerates across the globe.  With a broad complete breakdown the preferred solution by most will be the implementation of a global currency. 

What we've thought could take a few more years to create and convince others of, could conceivably occur in the next 6 weeks to six months!!  We are seriously seeing an acceleration in the plan...

Thoughts?

Pete

For sure, Pete. This is quite possible.

Leaders of the industrialized nations have been calling for a united effort at finding a global solution.

http://www.canada.com/top...50-4d20-949b-725370d403f9

Can't help but think the one world currency will be at the top of the agenda.

For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2Samuel22:29
trader_cheri
Old Skooler
Meshach

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »

According to the leaked story about the closed door session congress had March 13th, our currency will be worthless in February.  They seem to be right on schedule.

"In the Old Testament, God did not look at the people, He examined the sacrifice."
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2008, 07:06:36 PM »

According to the leaked story about the closed door session congress had March 13th, our currency will be worthless in February.  They seem to be right on schedule.

Does that hold for the Canuck Buck (Loonie) as well? It took a big dive this past week.

For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2Samuel22:29
Mike 99
Doulos
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2008, 07:17:13 PM »

Does that hold for the Canuck Buck (Loonie) as well? It took a big dive this past week.

I think also the Toonie.... I just can't figure how a coin with a penny forced inside it is worth $2 lol

Bondslave of Christ
Mike
Gal 1:10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the bondslave of Christ.(KJV)
Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2008, 08:34:04 AM »

I think also the Toonie.... I just can't figure how a coin with a penny forced inside it is worth $2 lol

laughing thumbs up Loonies and toonies - they're just fancy bottle caps! Save a few good ones for the next time you visit. We won't know the difference! Wink

Jaydee
WoP Regular

But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2008, 03:31:06 AM »

There are actually 2 scenarios of mega tsunami threats that could threaten east and west coasts.

The most western island in the Canary Islands called La Palma is an active volcanic site and the whole island formed as a result of marine volcanic activity. Recent specualtions that the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja instabilty are controversial.

Wikipedia excerpt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La_Palma

During the 1949 eruption from the Duraznero, San Juan and Hoyo Negro vents on the Cumbre Vieja an earthquake with an epicentre near Jedy occurred. This caused a 2.5 km long rift to open - width ~1 m and depth ~2 m (Rubio Bonelli, 1950).

In a BBC Horizon program broadcast on October 12, 2000, two geologists (Day and McGuire) cited this rift as proof that half of the Cumbre Vieja had slipped towards the Atlantic Ocean (Day et al., 1999; Ward and Day, 2001). They suggested that this process was driven by the pressure caused by the rising magma heating water trapped within the structure of the island. They hypothesised that during a future eruption, the western flank of the Cumbre Vieja, with a mass of approximately 1.5 x1015 kg, could slide into the ocean. This could then potentially generate a giant wave which they termed a "megatsunami" around 900 m high in the region of the islands. The wave would radiate out across the Atlantic and inundate the eastern seaboard of North America including the American, the Caribbean and northern coasts of South America some six to eight hours later. They estimate that the tsunami will have waves possibly 90 metres or more high causing massive devastation along the coastlines. Modeling suggests that the tsunami could inundate up to 25 km inland - depending upon topography. The basis for Ward and Day (1999) modeling the collapse of a much larger portion of the western flank than the currently visible surface fissures suggest is unstable was evidence from geological mapping by Day et al. 1999. In this paper they argue that a large part of the western flank has been constructed in the scar of a previous collapse and therefore sits upon unstable debris.

The threat to the west coast comes from another active volcano Kilauea with reported slope instability on the island of Hawaii.

Both of these events however debated may be a likely in the days ahead.

This might be what Rev 8:8 is referring to?
Revelation 8:8-9
8:8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
8:9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.

Interesting La Palma is home to one of the worlds largest infra red telescopes named "Magic"

Located on a mountain top on the Canary island of La Palma, the construction of this world-wide largest telescope has been completed in 2003. Fully operational since 2004, it is run by an international collaboration of 17 institutes (see MAGIC Collaboration).

Under construction is a second MAGIC telescope, on the same site, with further improvements towards low energy: MAGIC-II. In summer 2008, the mechanical structure is completed and in place, mirrors are mounted, the camera is being prepared. (See the latest pictures).

http://wwwmagic.mppmu.mpg.de/

I read somewhere?? that Wormwood would not be visible today because one would need a southern view with an infra red telescope.

Interesting that Wormwood falls from the sky (3rd trumpet) after the second trumpet which could very well describe volcanic activity and a following tsunami.

I read about the La Palma island scenario a few years ago and thought that i had to keep an eye on that bit of news. I promptly forgot until you reminded me again Whrose (btw welcome back!!!). So much for keeping an eye  Tongue

I agree Sis Deb that the event will not be a global flood. I probably should have worded it better! Judging by the scripture in Rev 8, though, some big event will have huge consequences and could spell a wave of natural disasters.

Aren't we basically in a Global Tsumani of Financial Crisis right now (which seems to be the worst in the US)?  Could that be it?

You may be on to something here!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:33:52 AM by Jaydee » Logged
Pete
Daniel

"..so shall the coming of the Son of Man be..."

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2008, 08:15:24 AM »

La Palma could also be employed as a weapon by any nation that wants to send a sub to plant a nuke on the ocean floor right there...  It would kill millions and destroy trillions in real estate, etc...  I would expect this type of attack in late Spring/early Summer during high tourist season.

Pece,

Pete

Rev. 13:10  If anyone is destined for captivity, to captivity he goes; if anyone kills with the sword, with the sword he must be killed.  Here is the perseverance and faith of the saints.

Frustrate the devil! Support Chinese missionaries through Asia Harvest
WaitWatchPray
Old Skooler
Abednego

Holding heavenly citizenship

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2008, 11:26:27 AM »

We haven't completely fallen out (speaking of the US as a country/world force/whatever) of "1st place" thanks to this mess on Wall Street.  But imagine what would happen if a tsunami or other force washed in and wiped out New York and the area around it!  I don't know if the banks have done any real thinking about remote backups of financial info -- especially those who are headquartered in NYC, but if all that was lost it would be a horrible mess.

It also occurs to me that there would be a "backwash" if a large enough wave hit, pushing water backwards through the Great Lakes, creating seiches (and if that happens, I'm out of luck, as I both live and work within 1000 feet of Lake Erie) and flooding the rivers that feed them.  That's one way a tsunami could move "inland" more than a few miles.

One of these days
Gonna see the hand that took the nails for me
One of these days
Gonna hold the key to the mansion built for me
One of these days
Gonna walk the streets of gold that were paved for me
One of these days
I'm gonna see my Savior face to face
One of these days
SoftTouch
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 10:40:18 AM »

I was just reading today's updates on Fox News and saw this headline:

Greenspan: U.S. in 'Credit Tsunami'

I immediately thought of this thread and had to post this here

Huh

Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.   Luke 21:36
Mike 99
Doulos
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2008, 10:58:18 AM »

Good one  ST

I saw that on the morning stock report. I couldn't remember where this thread was or I would have posted it also..

Bondslave of Christ
Mike
Gal 1:10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the bondslave of Christ.(KJV)
Eternal
Shadrach

« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »

I was just reading today's updates on Fox News and saw this headline:

Greenspan: U.S. in 'Credit Tsunami'

I immediately thought of this thread and had to post this here

Huh

Yep, I saw that today and thought of this board immediately.
Reckon he is reading here? Smiley
Pages: Prev 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout