Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:02:00 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  World of Prophecy
| |-+  KJV Bible Studies - for those who believe it all.
| | |-+  Mikey's Bible Studies
| | | |-+  - The Basket of Apples –
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: - The Basket of Apples –  (Read 35 times)
Mikey
Shadrach

LNC, USN, Retired

« on: October 31, 2017, 11:41:51 AM »

Psalm 17:8, “Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings”

A few years ago, a group of salesmen went to a regional sales convention in Chicago.  They had assured their wives they would be home in plenty of time for Friday night's dinner.  Well, as such things go, one thing led to another.  The sales manager went longer than anticipated and the meeting ran overtime.  Their flights were scheduled to leave out of Chicago's O'Hare Airport, and they had to race to the airport.

With tickets in hand, they barged through the terminal to catch their flight back home.  In their rush, with tickets and briefcases, one of these salesmen inadvertently kicked over a table, which held a display of baskets of apples.  Apples flew everywhere.  Without stopping or looking back, they all managed to reach the plane in time for their nearly missed boarding.  All but one.

He paused, took a deep breath, got in touch with his feelings, and experienced a twinge of compassion for the girl whose apple stand had been overturned.  He told his friends to go on without him, waved good-bye, told one of them to call his wife when they arrived at their home destination and explain his taking a later flight.  Then he returned to the terminal where the apples were all over the terminal floor.  He was glad he did.  The 16-year-old girl was totally blind!  She was softly crying, tears running down her cheeks in frustration, and at the same time helplessly groping for her spilled produce as the crowd swirled about her, no one stopping, and no one to care for her plight.

The salesman knelt on the floor with her, gathered up the apples, put them into the baskets, and helped set the display up once more.  As he did this, he noticed that many of them were battered and bruised; these he set aside in another basket. When he had finished, he pulled out his wallet and said to the girl, "Here, please take this $20 for the damage we did. Are you okay?"  She nodded through her tears. He continued on with, "I hope we didn't spoil your day too badly."

As the salesman started to walk away, the bewildered blind girl called out to him, "Mister...." He paused and turned to look back into those blind eyes. She continued, "Are you Jesus?" He stopped in mid-stride, and he wondered. Then slowly he made his way to catch the later flight with that question burning and bouncing about in his soul: "Are you Jesus?"

Further reflection:

Do people mistake you for Jesus? That's our destiny, is it not? To be so much like Jesus that people cannot tell the difference as we live and interact with a world that is blind to His love, life and grace. If we claim to know Him, we should live, walk and act as He would. Often as believers in Christ, we are urged not just to “talk the talk” but to “walk the talk.” The same advice may be expressed in these words, “Don’t let your behavior contradict your professed belief. At other times we are admonished to be sure that life and lip agree. If our conduct doesn’t harmonize with our confession of faith; however, that discrepancy nullifies the testimony of the gospel which we proclaim. Thus, knowing Him is more than simply quoting Scripture and going to church. It's actually living the Word as life unfolds day by day.

My beloved, if you’re a child of the King you are the apple of His eye even though we, too, have been bruised by a fall. He stopped what He was doing and picked you and me up on a hill called Calvary and paid in full for our damaged fruit. Let's start living like we are worth the price He paid.  Start today! Keep on keeping on for the Lord!  "We cannot direct the wind; however, we can adjust the sails".

The world is watching us – do they see Jesus in us?
 dove

1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life"

I CORDIALLY INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY BLOG @ www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com
Mike 99
Doulos
Administrator
Daniel

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 01:00:19 PM »

So True.   love Bless You

Bondslave of Christ
Mike
Gal 1:10For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the bondslave of Christ.(KJV)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout