Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:22:18 PM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  World of Prophecy
| |-+  KJV Bible Studies - for those who believe it all.
| | |-+  Mikey's Bible Studies
| | | |-+  - What God Can Do -
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: - What God Can Do -  (Read 37 times)
Mikey
Shadrach

LNC, USN, Retired

« on: September 29, 2017, 06:56:02 AM »

Psalm 18:6, “In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried out to my God; He heard my voice”

A poorly dressed lady with a look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store. She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries. She softly explained that her husband was unable to work, they had seven children and they needed food. John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested that she leave his store. Visualizing the family needs, she said: "Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can." John told her he could not give her credit, as she did not have a charge account at his store.

Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard the conversation between the two. The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family. The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, "Do you have a grocery list?" Louise replied, "Yes sir."  "O.K." he said, "put your grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries." Louise, hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. She then laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with her head still bowed.

The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement when the scales went down and stayed down. The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the customer and said begrudgingly, "I can't believe it." The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not balance. So he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more. The grocer stood there in utter disbelief.

Finally, he grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement. It was not a grocery list. It was a prayer which said:  "Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in your hands".  The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered and stood in stunned silence. Louise thanked him and left the store. The customer handed a fifty-dollar bill to the grocer and said, "It was worth every penny of it." Only God Knows how much a prayer weighs.

Further thoughts:

I read some time ago about a machine repairman who had an unusual knack for correctly diagnosing where the trouble was in faulty factory equipment; wherein, he could fix it quickly. His co-workers noticed that he normally left the lunchroom 10 minutes early. One day someone followed him to see what he did before the others started working again.

The repairman didn’t touch a wrench or screwdriver. Instead, while everyone else was gone and there was no sound of conversation, he stood in the middle of the large room, closed his eyes, and listened to the machinery. His ear caught every subtle sound, every click, every change in pitch or vibration. He could identify the first signs of a problem before it became apparent to others. It’s as if he knew each machine personally.

My beloved, God knows us personally and intimately. He monitors our thoughts and feelings all the time. As King David declared, we can be sure that when we cry out to Him in prayer, He hears us (Psalm 18:6). He hears the shouts and the groans of our hearts. He knows when we are “broken” or “out of tune,” And when we call on Him, He knows exactly what we need.

Facing a problem today? Cry out to the Lord, You can be sure that He will hear you just as He heard the prayer of the woman in the above story.

God’s help is only a prayer away.
 dove

1 John 5:11-12, "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life"

I CORDIALLY INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY BLOG @ www.hiseternalword.wordpress.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout