Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2018, 09:34:44 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Front Porch
| | |-+  The simple blessings
« previous next »
Pages: Prev 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The simple blessings  (Read 13623 times)
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #860 on: January 10, 2018, 11:55:37 AM »

January 10, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

The cat and I are watching through the window at tiny little birds eating at a bird feeder on the ground.  Both of us quietly enjoying the view.  There are many things we can enjoy during the day, that can be our moments of joy.  The first cup of coffee, when you crawl out of bed is taken for granted until, your doctor says no coffee the day of a medical test of the coffee pot dies.  When we open our heart to see these moments of joy, we can find peace in an often troubled world.

We all have days that drag us down and wipe away our energy.  On days like this, let us ask Jesus to bring a moment of joy into our day to raise up our spirits.  We should also pray that God can use us to bring a moment of joy to others.  None of us know what people we know and strangers are going through.  What joy it would be to be a blessing to someone else! 

Let us seek to be more like Jesus in a world that has been darkened by sin.  We can be the light that shows in the darkness.  Pray that we can live in a way that is pleasing to God and that God will protect us from the devil’s snares.
Betty
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:02:27 PM by BettyLouise » Logged
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #861 on: January 11, 2018, 11:47:27 AM »

January 11, 2018
Good Afternoon and Thursday,

Hubby and I got up early enough this morning to eat breakfast and take a small walk.  Bertha was excited.  You just mention the word walk and she lays on her back so you can hook her up to the leash.  Today it is gloomy and damp but it is good to get out and walk.

There are things we can do that refreshes our spirit.  Taking a walk, singing praises to God, reading His Holy Word, and talking to God.  A strong relationship with God prepares us for spiritual battles.  The closer we are to God, the more our trust in Him will be.  There will be times that something comes out of left field and knocks us off our feet.  When this happens, go first to God.  Seek His help and guidance.  Remind yourself, that you are not alone. 

There is no perfect life.  Bad things happen to everyone, Christians and non Christians, have problems. The difference we have our Heavenly Father to go to for help and encouragement.  God never promised us a perfect life, but He promised never to forsake us.   

I have a bird feeder in front of my window and there are a dozen birds in the tree above waiting patiently for their turn at their feeder.     Also a squirrel in another feeder. This is especially nice for me at this moment because I am in a lot of pain.  Even in my pain, God sends me diamonds of joy.  I am also thankful for pain pills.

Have a blessed day.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #862 on: January 12, 2018, 02:56:37 PM »

January 12, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

The Faithfulness of God

Psalm 89:1King James Version (KJV)89 I will sing of the mercies of the Lord for ever: with my mouth will I make known thy faithfulness to all generations.

Even though I write this blog, nearly every day, this does not mean I do not suffer discouragement.  I know my pain is not as bad as others.  I do not feel sorry for myself, but there are times that I grow tired and weary of being in pain every day.  These are the days, that I must remind myself of the faithfulness of our Heavenly Father.  I need to remember that suffering does not mean that God has forsaken His children.

Encouraging ourselves in the Lord just as King David, said we should do will bring us peace of mind.  Our suffering in this world is just a second when we consider an eternity of perfect bodies and perfect peace and joy.  The devil would seek to discourage us and to weaken our faith in God.  This is why it is so important to encourage ourselves in the Lord. 

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Romans 5:2King James Version (KJV)2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

While we trust for healing in this world, we live in the precious hope of a new day in Heaven when there will be no more disease, suffering or pain. For God, Himself shall wipe away all of our tears. 

I know of so many Christians who are suffering today.  We suffer together and we rejoice together  for the glory that awaits us, if we remain faithful.   Our love for each other and for God, will sustain us as we wait for His return for us.  Let our struggles and pain  be our sacrifice to Jesus, who gave it all so that we can be reconciled to God.  Hold on to God and hold on to your faith.  Look forward to the prize that awaits us in Heaven. 

Romans 8:18-23King James Version (KJV)
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

To those who wonder why Christians, can hardly await the rapture, remember even nature groans,  waiting for her redemption.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #863 on: January 13, 2018, 01:13:08 PM »

January 13,2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Consistency

We live in a world where things are changing faster, then we can often keep up.   The laws of mankind change at the whim of mankind.  Sin by thoughts of mankind changes with the popularity of the times.  A friend of almost 50 years said that she was offended about my posts  about sin and hell.  She told me at the end of her father’s life, he rarely preached about sin, because mankind already knew about sin.

I respectfully disagree.  In the eyes of mankind, sin has changed.  Many things that the Bible proclaimed to be sin, are not considered sin.  Oprah has a large following who takes Religious advice from her.  She proclaims that sin and hell doesn’t exist.  She proclaims that there are many roads to Heaven.  That everyone is a part of God.  How will people know the truth unless we proclaim the truth?

Romans 3:23King James Version (KJV)23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

John 14:6King James Version (KJV)
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Proverbs 6:16-19King James Version (KJV)
16 These six things doth the Lord hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
18 An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
19 A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

The Bible makes it clear what is sin.  With world view changing on sin, Christians must speak up about the truth.  We cannot afford to be silent in a world,  where sins once hidden from view or now celebrated in the streets and  on prime time television.  Mankind’s popularity of sin or their belief that sin doesn’t exist, doesn’t change the heart of God.

Contrary to Oprah and her followers view, hell exist.  Pretending differently, does not change the fate of sinners.

Matthew 18:8King James Version (KJV)
8 Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire.

Revelation 20:12-15King James Version (KJV)
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Preaching and teaching about sin and hell is an act of love.  It is so much better to be used by God to share the truth, then be witnesses to those we love and care about being tossed into the lake of fire for eternity.  Everyone will not be saved, but we can make sure those people we care about, know the truth.
God is consistent.  The political correct people and Oprah will not change Him.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #864 on: January 13, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »

I titled my blog today:  “Consistency”.   My intention was to write about the love and faithfulness of God.  God lead me in a different direction.  It is important to know that not only is God true to His promises to His Children, He is also true to His promises to sinners.  We are all born sinners but God made a Bridge to Heaven in Jesus, covered by the precious blood of Jesus.  Those who reject this Bridge will not be saved from sin.  Sin and sinners can never enter Heaven.  Yes, God is loving and faithful to those who have accepted Jesus as their Savior and Lord.  Those who reject Jesus have chosen hell for themselves.  We cannot express enough the reality of eternity in a lake of fire where there will be no end to the misery and suffering.  Now is the day to come to Jesus and be saved:  as the song says:  “Come to Jesus, and live”
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #865 on: January 14, 2018, 09:27:55 AM »

January 14, 2018
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. John 10:27

We can know someone all of our life and not know what comforts them, what upsets them, and what makes them tick.  This is not the relationship God wants us to have with Him.  He wants us to really know Him.  He wants us to know Him so that we know His voice.  This keeps us from being led astray by False shepherds who have taken the Gospel and watered it down so that it is more pleasing to the ears.  He wants us to grow strong in Him so that we can offer correction, in love, to those who have bought into another Gospel. 

Galatians 1:6-12King James Version (KJV)
6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9 As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ.
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Just because something is pleasing to the ears doesn’t make it good for us.  Everyone knows health insurance is very high.   What if a friend said they could sell you and insurance policy for $50.00 a month.  Sounds great doesn’t it!  But, when you read the policy and found there was a $10,000 deductible to go to the hospital.  You paid the first $5,000 on office visits and the first $10,000 on medication.  Policy would not seem so great!

There those who do that with the Gospel.  Water down what God expects from us.  Water down the consequences of sin.  Say all roads lead to Heaven.  This my friend, is much worse then being stuck with a bad insurance plan.  This can take us right to hell. 

God wants us to know Him for ourselves, so that we are not led astray by a partial and inadequate Gospel.  When we really know God, our eyes and ears will recognize when we are presented with a false Gospel.  Eternity is too long to be persuaded to leave the truth of the Gospel for one that only sounds pleasant but offers no forgiveness from sin. 

Let us seek to know God, the God of the Bible and not fall victim to what is politically correct.  Let us pray for guidance to stay on the right path with God and not be sheep who wander off to listen to every new “Gospel”, Religion, or fad that comes into town or on television.  “My sheep know my Voice”.  Let us make sure we do.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #866 on: January 15, 2018, 02:13:15 PM »

January 15, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

If you go to the same Church long enough, you may come across someone who only comes to Church during hard times.  When things are too hard, they come to Church, seeking help from God.  There is also the opposite person who only goes to Church when things are going well, but abandon God when things go bad.

This is not the kind of relationship God wants with His people.  He wants our worship and love through all times, good and bad.  Christians who are not faithful to God, through all times, are cheating themselves as well as God.  A spiritually strong person stays in communication with God every day.  I am not putting anyone down who isn’t able to make it to Church.  This last 6 months my health has kept me home many Sundays.  While I am always glad when I am able to attend and blessed to do so, having a relationship with God is not a Sunday, only thing.   We need to communicate with God, daily.

The issue is, do we only pray when we are in trouble?  Do we only serve God when things are going well for us?  This is a question only we can answer.  One of my New Years resolution is to have spiritual growth.  This will not happen if I avoid prayer and Bible Study.  Be assured when we seek spiritual growth the devil will try to discourage growth and send us thoughts and tempt us to commit actions that will make us feel unworthy of spiritual growth.

God did not call worthy people.  There is none that is righteous in their own ways.  Only the blood of Jesus can make us righteous in the eyes of God.  Pray that we do not sin, but when we do admit our sins and seek forgiveness immediately.  Do not allow satan to torment us. 

Be blessed my friends and seek God’s will as we wait with joyful anticipation for His soon return to call His children into the clouds to enter Heaven with Him.
Betty

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18King James Version (KJV)
13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #867 on: January 16, 2018, 12:59:22 PM »

January 16, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

We have ice and snow on the ground, which is unusual for the Houston area.  I have been watching a male cardinal at the feeder.  While other birds eat together, the male cardinal is selfish and greedy.  He chases off all the other birds including his mate.    Are we as Christians, guilty of being selfish and greedy?  Even though we are God’s children we can be guilty of bad behavior.  We are not always shinning examples of God’s love.  We can lose our temper and get ugly.  Surely, we are an embarrassment to God sometimes.  When the devil comes to God and points out how badly His children are acting, God will tell him, that we are His children, covered by the blood of Jesus.

As parents, there were times that we were embarrassed by our children’s behavior.  Our love for them did not diminish nor did we return them to the hospital where they were born.  God’s love for us doesn’t diminish because of our bad behavior.   We will sow the consequences of our wild seeds, but God’s love for us never fades.  In His great love for us, He will comfort us even as we deal with the results of our sin.   

Of course we seek to sin less and to live in a way that is pleasing to God.  Never be guilty of thinking we are above sin.  When we do, we open ourselves up to temptation.  The sin of pride can get us in major trouble.

Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

Have a blessed day.  This old couple is staying in today.  I have only driven on ice once and the truck and I ended up in the ditch.  Talking about pride I was embarrassed to have to call for help.  Thank you, Daddy and Hubby.   This was many years ago and Daddy is with God, now.  I learned by lesson and it stuck.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #868 on: January 17, 2018, 01:41:14 PM »

January 17, 2018
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Have you every woke up to a problem: a car that won’t start, an appliance that is leaking, or just pain in your body? There are many things that can go wrong in life and those that take us off guard or the ones that seem to make us lose focus.  It is these things that we forget to go to God for help with.  Instead we find ourselves grumbling and complaining. 

Seeking God in the minor things can be harder to do then the major things.  We think we got this, but many times we get frustrated and if we are not careful, we can take our frustration out on others.  Not only do we deal with our own frustrations but we deal with mates and coworkers frustrations .  In these times, the best thing we can do is talk to God.  Tell Him how you feel.  Tell Him about your frustrations and pains. 

Then look for those moments of diamonds of joy.  Look for things in nature that perk your spirits.  Take time to read about Heaven, that awaits us.  Take time to remember how those loved ones, we miss so much are able to sit and talk to Jesus in person.  All their pain and suffering on earth is just a distant memory if they even think of them.  Rejoice in the knowledge that one day our suffering will be a distant memory. 

When we dwell on God and remind ourselves of our future in Heaven we can hold on through the struggles we have on earth.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #869 on: January 18, 2018, 06:19:11 AM »

January 18, 2018

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

I still haven’t been to sleep, yet I feel at peace.  I have spent some time talking to God.  Still waiting for an answer to my prayer, yet God has brought me to a quiet time of reflection.  We can have peace of heart and mind, when we give it to Jesus.  For two nights I struggled but God has brought me to His peace.  His peace is a quiet relaxing peace.  Sometimes we have to fight a battle to arrive at peace.  We do not have to know how God is going to answer our prayers.  We just need to relax in the knowledge that He will answer.  He does have a plan.

Don’t give up, even it takes you days to submit to God’s will and find His peace.  The struggle can be used by God to help us grow spiritually.  Remind yourself that God is still on the throne and He is aware of our needs and our fears.  Growth can be painful and the struggle is exhausting, but the peace God gives, is as sweet as honey.

We can safely put all of our trust in Jesus.  He will not fail us.  Talk to God.  Tell Him your concerns, needs, and fears.  He is never too busy to hear your prayers.  Sometimes like me, you have to wait on the answer but, keep your faith in God.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #870 on: January 18, 2018, 10:12:59 PM »

Have you ever seen a animal being treated by a vet or rescue worker.  The animal fights against the one who is trying to save them.  It is often not until the animal is subdued by equipment or medication that the animal can be given the treatment for its injury.   We can do the same some thing.  We pray for an answer to a prayer but we struggle and fight trying to work it out by ourselves.  Sometimes we do not give it up to God, until we are exhausted and truly at the end of our rope.  This is the struggle I was in up for days.  Literally sick from worry.  When I let go that is when the peace came.  Peace that just did not last long enough for me to get some sleep at 7:30 this morning, but peace that has warmed my heart all day. 

I pray this will help you in your struggles and help you realize too, that we are not trusting God, if we are still making ourselves sick from worry.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #871 on: January 19, 2018, 12:09:57 PM »

January 19, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday

Zechariah 4:1-7New King James Version (NKJV)
Vision of the Lampstand and Olive Trees
4 Now the angel who talked with me came back and wakened me, as a man who is wakened out of his sleep. 2 And he said to me, “What do you see?”
So I said, “I am looking, and there is a lampstand of solid gold with a bowl on top of it, and on the stand seven lamps with seven pipes to the seven lamps. 3 Two olive trees are by it, one at the right of the bowl and the other at its left.” 4 So I answered and spoke to the angel who talked with me, saying, “What are these, my lord?”
5 Then the angel who talked with me answered and said to me, “Do you not know what these are?”
And I said, “No, my lord.”
6 So he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts.

‘Who are you, O great mountain?
Before Zerubbabel you shall become a plain!
And he shall bring forth the capstone
With shouts of “Grace, grace to it!”’”

I have talked about troubles this week.  Troubles from our standpoint, can be huge mountains or seas that we cannot cross.  Nothing is too big for us when God opens doors.  Whether He chooses to take us around the mountain or give us the strength to climb the mountain, He will provide away. 

Today it is back up to 58 and the birds are singing and the dog even enjoyed a romp in the back yard.  When we go through a trial, God will often give us a day like that.   A day that we can just take a deep breath and enjoy nature.  This quiet days renew our minds and spirit.  We can take time to enjoy some time just having a pleasant talk with God.  God’s grace is sufficient and He is with us during the rough times, but in His love for us, He gives us these days of peace.
Let us not take for granted these days. 

When we are having a good day, let us remember to pray for one another. Of course we should pray for one another every day.  But, let us not get caught up in  reflection that we forget to pray for those whose day may be rough and challenging.  What a joy it is to know that other people pray for us!
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #872 on: January 20, 2018, 12:26:21 PM »

January 20, 2018
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday

“Where Does My Help Come From?”

Psalm 121King James Version (KJV)
121 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

When things go bad for awhile, I tend to forget that my help comes from God.  We can get so tied up in our problems, that we forget that God of Heaven is the One who will help us get untied.  Our problems can become so big in our mind, that we diminish God in our minds and see our problems as larger then God.  It is when we step back and remind ourselves that we serve Almighty God, that we can see things as they truly are.  Remember the old sing: “Turn Your Eyes Open Jesus”.  When we stop staring at our problems and put our focus on God, then, we can lay aside worry, stress, and fear.

God doesn’t want His children to live day after day in fear and despair.  He wants us to trust in Him.  To trust in His love for us.  To trust that He does have us safely in His hands.  Whether we live or die we are and will be with God.  We are not defined by our problems.  We are not defined by our health.  We are God’s children.  This is who we are.  The trials of this life will one day fade away, but our relationship with God will last eternity.  Men and women will fail us, but God will never fail us.  When we walk in this truth, we will be at peace. 
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #873 on: Yesterday at 07:28:38 AM »

Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,
January 21, 2018

Lamentations 3:22-23King James Version (KJV)
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

God is always faithful to His Children

Mankind looks often at relationship with others with the thoughts”what have you done for me lately?”  Mankind though over looks the many wondrous things God does for everyone His Children and sinners.  As the Bible say:  the rain falls on the just and the unjust.  God blesses sinners as well as Christians.  Often it is in answer to another’s prayers in behalf of the sinner.   It is God’s mercy that sinners are not consumed.  In God’s love for mankind, he waits patiently for sinners to come to Him for salvation.

2 Peter 3:9King James Version (KJV)9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Sadly many sinners believe because God has given them time to repent that they will get away forever for their rejection of salvation.  There will come a day of  facing God, where we will give account of our actions.  Sinners will be judged on their sins and Christians will be judged on their works and motivation for the work.

Hebrews 9:27King James Version (KJV)27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Judgment does not cross out the faithfulness of God.  Sadly, there is reason to believe the people in hell will relive every time that God sent His Holy Spirit to them to call them to repentance.  Some refuse out of pride.  Some think they will get saved when they are old and have sown their wild oats.  Some just refuse to believe in the existence of God.  Our lack of faith does not change that God does exist and every person will stand before God One day.  People will try to repent but it will be too late for forgiveness.

Romans 14:11King James Version (KJV) 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

Salvation will not always be available.  God is calling lost sinners to come to Him for redemption and restoration.  Do not wait until time runs out.
Betty
Pages: Prev 1 ... 42 43 [44] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout