Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 06:14:23 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Front Porch
| | |-+  The simple blessings
« previous next »
Pages: Prev 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Next Go Down Print
Author Topic: The simple blessings  (Read 12739 times)
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #760 on: September 28, 2017, 12:08:55 PM »

September 28, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

My dear friends,  are we still looking for our diamonds of joy throughout the day?  Yesterday, Bertha (my dog) and I were walking to get the mail, and I glanced up at the sky, and the clouds and colors were refreshingly beautiful.  I stopped walking and thanked Jesus for the beautiful view.  We can find refreshments in every day, if we open our eyes and look for them.

God is so good to us and He will bring little diamonds of joy into every day, if we ask for them.
George Strait has a song called: "I Saw God Today". We can see God in the little things and the big things if we look.  The devil will seek to discourage us, so we turn to God and we ask for encouragement from Him.

Along with looking for our diamonds of joy, let us look for ways to encourage others.  Be a ray of sunshine to those we come in contact with throughout the day.  Pray for one another.  When we read of someone who is struggling, pray for them.  We do not have to know someone to pray for them.   God knows them.  Ask for prayer from others, when we have a need.    Share life's  joys and struggles with other Christians.  Rejoice in our little diamonds of joy and look forward to the blessed hope, when Jesus comes for His own.

Betty

https://youtu.be/SkmQL7GmTII
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #761 on: September 29, 2017, 01:38:07 PM »

September 29, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Did you wake up in physical pain this morning?  Are there problems in your life related to your job, finances, or your marriage?  Is there a strained relationship with you and a friend or a relative?  Most likely you could say yes to one or more of these questions?  The devil would love to use your circumstances to convince you that God doesn't care about you or the devil would even imply to us that God has forsaken us.  What do we do in these time?

We go to God's Holy Word.  We read about how throughout time God's people had times when they felt deserted,  but God was with them always.  You might say that you do not feel the presence of God at the moment.  Yes there are times, that we can't feel the presence of God, but our relationship is not based on feelings.  Our relationship with God is based on the truth of God's Word and our faith. 

We must not judge our relationship with God on feelings.  Feelings come and go.  Sometimes we are up and sometimes we are down, but God's love for us is consistent.  Yes, we sin and we seek forgiveness from God when we do.  God's love is strong for us even when we sin. 

Remember the devil is the father of lies.  Reject his voice that whispers in your ears lies and discouragement.   Instead trust in the God, who sent His Only Son to die for yours and mine, sins.
Seek God face in the midst of pain and troubles.  Praise His Name in the middle of life's storms.  Trust in God in the middle of the battle. 

Romans 14:8King James Version (KJV)8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

For whether we live or die we are in God's protection.   Fear not my friends.  Our future is secure in God our Heavenly Father.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #762 on: October 01, 2017, 09:15:23 AM »

October 1, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I was quite ill yesterday and slept a good potion of the day.  I have weak kidneys, so anytime that I get sick, I get a kidney infection, so suffering today.  We all have triggers in our lives.  The devil knows our triggers as much as we do.  He knows what trigger to push to make us lose our temper.  He knows the one to push that makes us depressed.  In other words He knows how to defeat us.  If we were in this battle along, he would defeat us.

What we need to remember is that we are not alone.  We have Jesus with us and the Holy Spirit who lives in us. When the devil pushes our trigger, we cry out to God. The devil is defeated when we trust Jesus to save us not only for our forgiveness of sin but save us from falling into sin or into defeat.  When we do sin, we ask for forgives.

1 John 2:1-2King James Version (KJV)
2 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The devil would love for us to give up when we fail God.  Jesus says to come to Him and He will forgive us.  Everyone has triggers. Everyone has sins that we are easily able to fall into in times of illness, weakness, and when we are tired.  Of course we should resist but when we do sin, do not try to deny the sin or try to hide the sin.  Ask for forgiveness, immediately and turn from the sin. 

Jesus is coming back soon then we will no longer live in corruptible bodies that easily fall into sin, but we will have glorified bodies.  Let us begin every day in prayer that we will not be led astray.  Every day we should talk to God before we face the world.  We draw strength and encouragement when we spend time with our Heavenly Father.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #763 on: October 02, 2017, 12:19:44 PM »

October 2, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

When we begin the day, we have not idea how the day will end.  We make our plans, but often things happen that changes our plans or at the least rearranges  our plans.  I have heard it say that man writes his plans in pencil and God writes His plans in ink.  While we think we know exactly what will happen today, we only think what will happen.  God not only sees the day in full, but He knows the pass and the future. 

This is why sometimes God says no to our prayers.   We see something we want, whether it be a person we think we want as a mate or a new job we want.   God sees the future and He knows if that mate is the person best for us and whether that job will even be around for very long.  We can trust God with our future.  He wants the best for us.  When we trust in His will, we have put our trust in the best hands of all.

This does not mean our lives will be perfect.  Our lives are affected by our decisions but also by the decisions of those around us.  Bad decisions by our mates can cause problems for us, just as our decisions effect them.   Bad decisions by our boss can effect our job or even cause the job to end.  This does not mean that God is not with us.   He will not only be with us through the rough patches of our lives, but He has already planned  away on the other side for us to come to, after we go through the trial. 

We go through trials and rough patches so that when we do come out of these dark valleys, we have grown spiritually.  God does not want us to remain baby Christians all of our lives.  Just as athlete grows strong through much practice, Christians grow strong through going through the fires of life.  We choose whether to pass the test.  If we fail the test God will be with us, but we will go through that same test again.  When we trust God and draw close to Him, we can pass the test.  When we get mad at God and allow doubts to overwhelm us, then we fail the test.  God still loves us, but we will have to take that test again.

God is polishing us up.  He is returning soon and He is preparing His children for His return.  He wants us to be our best when He comes for us.  We should seek to grow in grace and love and be the best we can be through the help of Jesus.  Do not give up, my friends, when the end of the race is so close.  Do not listen to the devil’s lies.  Victory is in sight, let us press on and keep the prize of Heaven in our sights.     We have come to far to quit now.

Betty

Keep looking for your little diamonds of joy.  God beings them but sometimes we overlook them in our rush here and there.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #764 on: October 03, 2017, 12:24:35 PM »

October 3, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

Psalm 36:5King James Version (KJV)5 Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.

If we are not careful, we can be tempted to judge God’s faithfulness, on our circumstances.
If we have a good day, then God is with us.   If we have a bad day, then we rationalize that God was busy, elsewhere.  We can also be tempted to judge our own spiritual health on our circumstances.
If we have a couple of good days, we feel we must be spiritual strong, but come a bad day and we wonder what sin we must have committed.

First of all God is with you all the time.  He doesn’t take vacations nor does He ever sleep. 

Hebrews 13:5King James Version (KJV)5 Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

We all have problems.  Christians and sinners alike face crisis. 

Matthew 5:45King James Version (KJV)45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

The differences between a Christian and a sinner, are we have God with us and the storms of life can help us grow spiritually.  Every storm we go through can prepare us for bigger storms in life, if we are willing to grow in the Lord.  The more we grow in the Lord the stronger and richer our relationship with God is. 

Look at it like this:  we have people that we know on a superficial level.  We know their names and maybe if they have kids, but we do not know them very well.  We do not know their favorite foods.  We do not know their struggles and there victories.  This is fine for those kinds of relationship, but if we related to our mate in the same way, then that would be very sad.  We spend time with our mates and we develop a relationship with them.

God want us to spend time with Him to know Him intimately.    When we spend the time and effort and we walk through trials with God, we grow spiritually.   Our relationship with God grows more pleasurably for us and God.  Just as our relationships with each other take time and effort, so does our relationship with God take time and effort.  We cannot go to Church on Sunday and then say a quick prayer before we fall asleep, each night and really know God. 

When our crisis comes in our lives, it is not the time to try to get to know God quickly.  This will produce panic.  When we know God personally and we have walked with through crisis in the past, then when a crisis comes we can know He is with us.  We may have a moment of panic , but then we can stop and remind ourselves that God was with us in the past and He is with us in the present. 
Spiritual growth in the past  has increased our faith so we do not feel we have to beg God to answer our prayers.  We will know in our hearts that He will be with us and He will not only answer our prayers but He will bring us out on the other side.

Yesterday’s tragedy was a reminder that the devil is working hard, but remember God has not quit.  He is still on His Throne.  While God is allowing the devil to do His work, God will win and the devil will spend eternity in hell.  Let us seek to grow spiritually.  Let us pray for lost souls.  Let us look up for redemption is coming soon.

Betty 

Luke  21:28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #765 on: October 04, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »

October 4, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

Every day is a new day.  A new page in our life to do what we did not do yesterday.   A new day to tell someone we love them, that we haven’t told in a while.  Every day brings it’s own little diamonds of joy, challenges, and even troubles.   It is how we prepare for the day that determines in many ways how the day will end. 

For many years, I pick out my clothes the night before and get them together in the bathroom.
I set up the coffee pot the night before to come on in the morning.  Little things like these can get the
morning started off better.   Yet, there is another step that I need to do more often and that is talk to God.  As you shower and get dressed, talk to God.  Tell Him your plans, but ask Him to have His will in your day.  Yes, God may have little detours for you, so that you can accomplish His purpose.  Remember that anything that God brings in your day is for a reason.   We can trust Him each day of our life. 

Also, the devil may throw things in to your day, that are disruptive and frustrating .  If we begin our day  talking to God, we can deal with those interruptions with peace, knowing that God is with us every day and through every circumstance.  God is not an old man, nodding off while sitting on His Throne.   He is ageless.  He does not grow weary or tired.   He does not take catnaps on the job.  He is always alert and The Holy Spirit, a part of the Godhead, is living in our hearts.  He is with us always.   We can go about our day in peace and trusting God to be with us, always. 

We all have an appointed time to leave this world.  Christians will either leave by death or the rapture.  We need not fear death.  If God takes us in death, He will walk across the Jordan river of death, with us.  God is ALWAYS with us, even in death.  We can trust God in death and life.  Remember the more we talk to God, the stronger our trust in Him grows and the stronger our faith grows. 

Romans 10:17King James Version (KJV)17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God

1 John 4:18King James Version (KJV)18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

We spend time with God so that we know Him.  God allows trials in our life so our trust is tested.  If we fail the test,  we should not blame God but study His Word more  and pray more, so that our trust grows.  The more we trust Him the more our fear weakens.   We can either feed our trust in God or feed fear. We have to choose for ourselves.  The devil will gladly feed your fears, but repute the devil in the Name of the Lord. 

Rejoice in the Lord, by friends.  He is with us and He will guide us.  Pray for one another.  May God grant you a blessed day with little diamonds of joy.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #766 on: October 05, 2017, 09:28:35 AM »

October 5, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

America hasn’t been this divided since the Civil War.  Even tragedies like Sunday Night no longer brings us together as Americans.  The Democrats seem to hate Conservatives with a passion.  They hate President Trump and find fault with every thing he does.  Even having fun with the people in Puerto Rico,  by throwing paper towels to the people, was considered a hateful act, in the video the people seem to be having fun with the President.  The Democratic Mayor of Puerto Rico called the President an insult to her people.  The truth is there is nothing that the President could do that would cause those who hate him to give him a chance.

When I see the division and hate it makes me sad.  It is not just politicians that are filled with hate towards the President.  I have lost two friends when I defended him and have talk to others who have lost friends over our opinion of President Trump.  Unlike the Democrats who are blinded by their hatred, conservatives realize that the President is not perfect, but we see that he is trying to fix this Nation.

Sadly, he is mounting a losing cause.  I believe every day our Country is getting more and more prepared to accept the anti-Christ.  The more people who hate our Flag, our Constitution, and our National Anthem, the closer we get to become to accepting the anti-Christ, who will do away with all three.  He wants all Countries to accept His government and to pledge allegiance to only Him.  I have heard people say that America will never do this,   It the Bible makes it clear that she will along with every other Country.

My friends, while it makes us very sad to see our Country brought down by hate,  remember our Country has allowed babies to be slaughtered in the womb for decades.  All this hatred that is growing is being allowed, in part because of the sin of our Country.  America is coming into judgement.

What do we as Christians do?  We pray for our Country and our President.   We pray for lost souls.  We prepare our hearts for the rapture.  Every day we are getting closer to the time that Jesus will come for His Bride (His Children).  We put in the whole armor of God so that we are not overcome by the devil.  We as children of God, do not need to hide no tremble with fear.  God will protect us and even if the devil would slay us, our soul is secure in the hands of God.  Yes we grieve over those who are killed by people who are filled with hate, but we put our fears aside and we trust God.  He is still in control. Yes, He is allowing hate to grow and haters to act but remember the world is preparing herself for the anti-Christ and His earthly Kingdom.   As Children of God, we are preparing our hearts for God’s Heavenly Kingdom.
Betty
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 03:06:55 PM by BettyLouise » Logged
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #767 on: October 06, 2017, 11:12:28 AM »

October 6, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Friday,

Who Can Separate Us From The Hands  of God?

We are secure in the Lord’s Hands.  No person, no angels, not even satan can remove us from God’s hand.  God is not going to drop us out of His hands nor is He going to allow someone else to remove us.   We may choose to backslide but only ourselves can choose to do that.

Romans 8:31-39King James Version (KJV)
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
32 He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?
33 Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
34 Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

We can sleep at peace knowing we are safe and secure. Our salvation was bought and paid for by the precious blood of Jesus.    This should bring us great comfort.  When we accepted and repented and turned from our sins, we have put our past, our present, and future in the hands of God. 

2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Acts 3:19King James Version (KJV)
19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord.

There is more to salvation then going to the front of the Church and shaking the hands of the Pastor.
There must be rebirth of our soul.   There must be a change in our hearts.

John 3:1-7King James Version (KJV)
3 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews:
2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.
3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

There must be a rebirth of our soul, or we have walked up to the front a sinner and came back to our seat a sinner.  Where there is a rebirth, there must begin a change in our heart.  If we keep sinning and do not feel any guilt, perhaps we should go to a knees and pray for a new birth of our soul and spirit.  I am not saying salvation brings perfections.  We will not be perfected until we receive our glorified bodies.  If we can sin and never feel guilty, we must revisit our salvation.

If we continue to sin over and over, after salvation, we will hardened our hearts.  They may come a time that God will stop dealing with us.  Whether He gives over to satan, or takes us to Heaven early, because our sins are an embarrassment to Him and His Kingdom, I do not know.  There is scriptures for both.

1 John 5:16King James Version (KJV)16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Romans 1:28-32New King James Version (NKJV)

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality,[a] wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they arewhisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

We need not fear either, if we listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit when He convicts us of our sin and ask for forgiveness and stop sinning.  You might say God is harsh.  Really?  If you stoled  from your boss and he forgave you and you stoled again, would he not fire you?  There is consequences when we allow our hearts to grow as cold as stone. 

If we stay true to God and respect the cost of our salvation, we will enter the gates of Heaven.  God is able to keep us safe until our salvation is fulfilled, when we enter Heaven.

1 Peter 1:3-9King James Version (KJV)
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations:
7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:
8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

There is NO SIN on earth, worth going to hell for.  Let us pray for a soft heart that is willing to listen to the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Stay close to Jesus.  We have come too far to quit, now.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #768 on: October 07, 2017, 01:39:18 PM »

October 7, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

We got up early for us, and went out for breakfast.  It is good for your health to do something different occasionally.   Getting out and enjoying nature is good for us.  There is so many beautiful gifts from God in nature.   Sadly many people worship the creation and not the creator.  This not new to God.  He told us in the Bible that people would do that.

Romans 1:25King James Version (KJV)25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

We should give thanks to God for His many gifts that He created for mankind to enjoy.  We can become so harried that we take for granted the beauty of nature.  When we do we miss out on so much, by not taking the time to enjoy the beauty around us.

Another thing not to take for granted our family and friends.  We are blessed to have people care for us.  Let us let them, know that they are precious to us.  Take time this weekend to enjoy nature, family and friends.  Remember all the many blessings from God.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #769 on: October 07, 2017, 09:32:25 PM »

The devil will seek to get you to question your salvation, doubt God’s love for you, and convince you that God has forsaken you.  The devil is a liar.

John 8:44King James Version (KJV)44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Romans 8:38-39King James Version (KJV)38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

The devil cannot pull you out of the hands of God.  Sleep well knowing that you are secure in the hands of your Heavenly Father.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #770 on: October 08, 2017, 09:08:19 AM »

October 8, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Do you ever wake up and feel that you are not up to the challenges of the day?  Do you ever feel
that you are not adequate to the challenges that God has put before you?  If you are like me, the answer would be a huge yes. 

I get up and I look at a blank piece of paper and I have no idea how to find the words to fill the page.  When I examine myself, I find myself inadequate and unworthy to speak to to others about God.  Of course I could write page after page about my failures but who wants to read that? This would only depress me and you.  Yet, God in His great mercy gives me the words.  God does not called the qualified, whom He calls He equips for His Will.

Romans 8:30King James Version (KJV)
30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

When God calls you for duty, He will provide the necessary tools needed for the job that you are called for.  When we are willing, God can use us for His Kingdom.  When we give Him a willing heart, He will take us places we never dreamed of going.  The biggest battle is being willing and then trusting Him. 

When we work for God and leave self out of it, we do not have to worry about critiques.  Our Job is to work for God and do His will.  Leave your work in God’s hands and allow Him to work through you.   When we do our work for God and not for others, we can take corrective criticism, and work harder and ignore those who did not like what you did.  If you do your work for God and His Glory, then you can be at peace.   

What does God want you to do?  How do you find out?  Seek His face and then be open to His leading.  He has a job for everyone.   Even when I have times that I cannot leave the house because of health issues, I can pray for others.   Never underestimate the power of prayer.  So often we say:  “all I can do is pray”.  This is the first thing we should do:  Pray.

God has done so much for us, the least we can do, is seek a way that we can work for His Kingdom.
We are in the last quarter of the game.  The devil would like us to just coast into the finish line.  Let us be willing to work for our Lord and Savior.  Yes we grow weary and tired, but pray for strength.  Pray for a spirit that grieves over lost souls and prays for them.  God’s love is enough for us.

Psalm 36:5-10King James Version (KJV)
5 Thy mercy, O Lord, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds.
6 Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O Lord, thou preservest man and beast.
7 How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
8 They shall be abundantly satisfied with the fatness of thy house; and thou shalt make them drink of the river of thy pleasures.
9 For with thee is the fountain of life: in thy light shall we see light.
10 O continue thy lovingkindness unto them that know thee; and thy righteousness to the upright in heart.

Betty

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #771 on: October 09, 2017, 01:01:50 PM »

October 9, 2017

Well meaning Christians can make comments that they mean well, but can come out condensing or judgmental.  Even when someone is trying to help us and mean well, they can stab us with a pin of judgement.   There is a lot of things about us that only God knows.  That is why we smile and say thank you for caring about us and then allow the comment to fly away.  The devil would love to use those times to discourages us or allow bitterness to grow in our hearts.  We must remind ourselves that there is no need for anger or bitterness, when someone is actually trying to help us.
What do we do?  We forgive and we love one another.  We can be assured as humans that we have said things to others,  that we meant for good but actually hurt them.  This is a good reason to pray each day for God to help us speak in love and with discernment.

We all have limitations.  Whether they are physical, emotional, or mental.  These limitations may require us to stay no, to doing work at the Church, at times.   What do we do?  We do what we can do and pray for those who have to take up the slack.   Remember some handicaps are not visible, so when someone says they cannot help you, don’t be so quick to judge.  Leave the judging to God.  He knows everything. Also when a person is disappointed that you cannot help, that doesn’t mean that they are mad at you.  Always remember to pray for one another. 

Working for God is a blessing that He allows us.  We need God but God could do everything without us.  He uses us for His glory, because He loves us.  When we do work for God, have a cheerful heart.  Work done in anger and bitterness brings no glory to God and no reward for us.
There is great joy in working for God’s Kingdom.  Our hard work will be rewarded. 

Seek daily to grow in the Lord.  It is a horrible thing for a Christian to become stagnant and stinky because we have stopped growing.  Spiritual growth brings joy and contentment .   We may walk through the flood or the fire, but when we come out on the other side our hearts will be filled with the joy of the Lord. 

May God bless and keep you and may spiritual growth be present in your life.

Betty

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #772 on: October 10, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »

October 10, 2017

Some people judge art by the artist.  The painting can be beautiful, but because it is not considered valuable, it is not worthy to be in their collection.  Hubby and I are simple folks and we pick out pictures, not on their value but how the picture appeals to our senses.

When the world looks at Christians, they are liable to see us in a negative light.  President Obama said that people in the South “cling to their guns, Bibles, and faith ”.  He meant it to be an insult.  We took it as a compliment.    Clinging to our Bibles and faith is not a weakness.  No one will tell a shipwreck victim to jump out of the life boat.  Nor would they say they were weak to be in the boat.

Jesus is our life boat from the sea of sin.  Yet, He is far more then  our lifeboat.  He is our friend, our brother, our Savior and through the Holy Spirit, He is our guide.    Christians are not to be pitied, we are friends and children of the Most High God.  When the world stands before the Throne of God and their names are not written in the Book of Life, they will wish that they had been weak enough to seek God’s face before it was too late.  Serving the Lord God is not a weakness but a privilege that God has afforded us.  His grace and mercy has saved us from a life with no purpose to a life with eternal value.

Weak!  No my friends!  Strong enough to admit our sins and come to Jesus to be saved.  Pray for those who have allowed their pride to keep them from admitting their need for a Savior.  When we boast, we do like Paul.  We boast not in ourselves but in Jesus.

Betty
Haven’t seen many birds lately.  Wonder why?
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #773 on: October 11, 2017, 10:56:16 AM »

October 11, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

This morning I woke up chipper, even singing to myself as I fed the birds. I had a bad night with pain and as usual I woke up hurting, but yet God put a song in my heart.   It is a special blessing, when despite our circumstances, God puts a song in our hearts.  We can trust God despite the circumstances we deal with.  The joy that God puts in our hearts, circumstances and people can not steal from us.

Nehemiah 8:10 [Full Chapter]
Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

The joy God gives, strengthen our spirit and our bodies.   Rejoice in Him and be glad.  Seek His face and every day ask Him to provide what you need spiritually and emotionally, to walk with Him, throughout the day.

It is time to worry less about politics and what is happening in the world.  The world is getting closer and closer to the anti-Christ setting up his kingdom.   Lay our fears and worries at Jesus’ feet.  Keep your eyes on Jesus.  We will soon be leaving this world.  It is time to prepare our hearts and seek spiritual growth.  Pray that our souls be over flowing with the Holy Spirit.  Pray and ask God to help us be like the wise virgins and ready for the Groom’s appearance.

Live our life so that when Jesus comes for us, He can say “good and faithful servant”.  Seek God and know His ways and His truths.  When we keep our focus on God and not on this world, we can truly be filled with the joy of the Lord.

John 16:24King James Version (KJV)24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Betty

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #774 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

October 12, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

The Winner has Already Been Declared

If a football team where told in advance that they would be losing in  the first half but come the Second half they would be victorious, they would be plying the game with victory in their hearts and not depressed.

We look at the world and see evil rising and we can be tempted to walk around defeated.  Yet, God has  already told us who win the battle between good and evil.  We can be guilty of allowing the devil to give us a spirit of defeat.

Rev 19

Christ on a White Horse
11 Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. 12 His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had[e]a name written that no one knew except Himself. 13 He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean,[f] followed Him on white horses. 15 Now out of His mouth goes a sharp[g] sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And He has on His robe and on His thigh a name written:
KING OF KINGS AND
LORD OF LORDS.

God does not leave us to worry and fret about who will win the battle between good and evil.  So why do we live with our heads hung down and a Spirit of defeat?  We are assured that God will win the final battle.  If we are a Christian, we are on the winning side.    Yes,  there will be little battles that we lose, but the war will be won by Jesus our Savior and Lord.  Pray that God will remove the spirit of defeat from your hearts and mind and replace it with Trust in God so that we can fight the little battles, knowing we are on the winning side.  If we keep our trust in God, we can win these little battles. 

Let us march, with pride,  not in ourselves, but pride in our Heavenly Father.  March Onward Soldiers, Of the Cross, we can walk in Victory when we put our complete trust in God.  Do not become over come by the evil in the world, but keep your eyes on Jesus, your Lord and Savior. 
We know the winner of the war so let us rejoice in that fact.

Betty

Saw the tiny squirrel yesterday.  I took the advice of a friend and put peanut butter on a pine cone and covered it with peanut butter.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #775 on: October 13, 2017, 01:06:54 PM »

October 13, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Every day it seems there is a new scandal.  This newest one is a director who used his position to attain sexual favors and if the rumors are true, he may have not taken no for an answer.
Sadly, this is nothing new.  The “casting couch” had been talked about for decades.   Some  men in positions of power,  use their position to obtain sexual favors.  It is easy for us to look at these women as immoral, but predators know their victims.  They know who has no self esteem and who the promise of fame and fortune can be persuaded to prostitute themselves for it.  Our heart should break for those who sold themselves for fame and fortune.

When you are young, you do not realize how fleeting fame is.  You can be on the front cover of magazines today and tomorrow you are a has been.  The man in question is a reprobate.  He has given in to sinful desires and thrown away his soul to obtain them.   

As Christians we should pity those who have chosen to fulfill pleasure of this life over their own eternity.  By the time they realize they have sold themselves for a short time of fame, they have hardened their hearts to the point that they can no longer hear the whispers of they Holy Spirit calling them to repentance.  This may be why so many Hollywood people are so angry and hate conservatives so much.  When you cannot change yourself, it is easy to hate everyone who stands for good.  The devil has convinced them that homosexuality is the normal.  That abortion is good for the planet.  That what is evil is now good and what was good is now evil.  Just like the Bible said it would be in the last days.

Isaiah 5:20King James Version (KJV)20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

As we live for Jesus, let us live in a ways that are pleasing to Him.  Let the desires of our hearts be to serve and worship God.  Knowing a movie director, personally is nothing compared to being friends of the Almighty God.

Betty

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #776 on: October 14, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »

October 14, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

I had a silly, Happy ever after dream right before I woke up.  I went a step further and thanked God for the dream, because even though it was silly, it made me wake up happy.   Although I often write about how more important the joy of the Lord is, then happiness.  It is also good to have a moment of just silly happiness that makes us wake up singing. 

Happiness is not in material things.  It is birds singing,  pretty flowers and watching nature at her best.  Of course we should seek to have the joy of the Lord, in our hearts, but it is also good to look for diamonds of joy and happiness through out the day.  Do not allow the cares of this world to blind you to the good that is still in the world. 

Spread diamonds of happiness and hope to all you come in contact with today.  There is always something sweet you can say to people.  Even if it is I like your boots or you  blouse is pretty.  Perk up someone’s day with kindness.  When we share joy and kindness we will reap joy and kindness.  Let us as Christians, be not so easy to snap at people or be rude.  Let us strife to be patient and kind. 

Let others see Jesus in us.  Some of us, including me, have to make a special effort when I am behind the wheel.  I have a Christian radio and my Church bumper stickers on my car.  It would be ashamed for me to allow road rage destroy my testimony.  Let us try not to turn into monsters behind the wheel.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #777 on: October 16, 2017, 11:50:26 AM »

October 16, 2017

The walk outside was pleasant this morning.   A nice cool breeze and I found the pine cone I had fixed up for the squirrel was gone.  It is always good to see your time and effort was appreciated.  We can know without a doubt that our work for God, does not go unnoticed by Him.

Mark 9:41King James Version (KJV)41 For whosoever shall give you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ, verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.
       We do not always see the outcome, of our work.  Some work brings results immediately, some work takes months and years.  It may take years for the seed of the Gospel you plant in someone’s heart to produce visible growth.  We spread the seed and leave the results in God’s hands.  Of course there may be those seeds that never take root.  Jesus talked about that in the Sermon about planting seeds.  There are some that will never change.  Why does God have us spread seed in hard soil?   Could it be that when that person faces judgment and they challenge Jesus that had never been told the truth, God can bring up the times that Christians try  to plant the truth in their life and they resisted the truth?  Sadly there are some who are so hard hearted to the truth, that they are willing to rip out the bud of truth, with their own hands. 

My dear friends, there also those wondrous times that the seeds we spread, grows into beautiful flowers and trees, that stand firm for the truth of the Gospel and go out to spread new seeds over new hearts.  We can rejoice knowing not only have we reached that soul for Christ, but that soul goes on to share the Gospel with many. What a joy it is to be a part of the Gospel spreading across the world.  Even our tithes and offerings are being used to spread the Gospel, by our Heavenly Father.   What a glorious gift it is to be apart of the spreading of the Gospel, worldwide!   

Rejoice my friends, for even in the dark world we live in, thousands of souls around the world are finding salvation in Jesus.  Pray for those who live in areas that people are risking prison and even death to follow Jesus.  One day you will see those souls who found salvation because of your willingness to offer up your financial  gift for the Gospel to spread around the world.  Remember the song that says:  “Thank you for giving to the Lord, I was a soul that was saved!”.

The devil will try to convince you that there is nothing you can do.  God says in His hands our gifts of money, time, and prayer multiply.   Keeping sowing seeds until Jesus calls us Home.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #778 on: October 17, 2017, 01:41:05 PM »

October 17, 2017

What God gives us to bear, He equips us to bear.  Hubby asked the other day, why did God allow me to have 4 conditions that there is no cure and ironically all 4 has the symptoms of pain and exhaustion.   My flip answer was “God knew I was strong enough to bear it”.  The truth is God gives me the strength to bear it.  This does not mean that there are no days that I cry from all the pain nor that the exhaustion is not overwhelming.  Some days the pain is too strong for pain medication to do anything but make a dent in the pain, but as I rest in Jesus, He calms my spirit and encourages me.

As I look back on the last couple of years and the things I have written about, I marvel that I was able to allow self to stand aside and allow God to speak through me.  There were times, that God led me to speak things that I knew would hurt feelings of others.   All the time, I feel so unworthy to speak for God.  Yet it is through my physical and emotional struggles that I have been given the strength to speak God’s truth and lay aside the fears that I could be upsetting people that I care about.

My physical pain and struggles have led me to grow closer to Jesus.  When we walk close to Him, we can say what He calls us to say and He gives us the strength to bear the consequences.
The road God has taken me on, I would have not chosen and yet this road has led to spiritual victories.  We can go much further then we have ever dreamed, if we are willing to say yes, Lord.

We are living in the last days and the devil is working hard to divide not only our Country but fellow believers.  Christians can be divided over politics, personal freedoms, and even Bible truths.
The soon coming rapture is a big divider among the brethren.  Instead of rejoicing in the soon return of Jesus for His Bride, some sadly will spend more time debating against those who believe in the rapture them spreading the Gospel.  They have allowed the devil to side track them, in their Mission for Christ.  The rapture should unite us in faith and hope.  Sadly those who do not believe in the rapture or the pre-trib rapture have allowed anger to over come them.  It breaks my heart that so many are hurting the cause of Christ instead of uniting together with fellow Christians in love for God and one another. 

Let us pray for unity among God’s children and the ability to work together to spread the Gospel before the age of Grace has come to an end.
Betty

Last evening we went to the store.  There were hundreds  of birds on the roof of the store.  Such a wonderful gem of joy for me.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #779 on: October 18, 2017, 06:53:00 AM »

October,  18, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday

Awake and hurting, but hope to sleep later.  As I lied  in bed this morning, I was thinking of David’s Prayer:

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version (KJV)23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

There has never been a better time in History for us to ask God Daily, to search our hearts.  This is the time to seek our hidden sin in our lives and seek forgiveness.   Now is the time to make sure we are right with God.   Ask God to check your motivations, also. . Are we working to please God or mankind?  Remember pleasing mankind is only for a short while.  Men may pleased today and turn on us tomorrow.  Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and forever.  Pleasing God last for eternity.  Pleasing mankind is fleeting as the leaves that fall off the trees in the fall.

Today is the day to seek forgiveness and positive change in our lives.   When we leave this world it is too late to seek forgives of sin.  It is too late to seek to work for God, after we are gone from this world.

As always work with a cheerful and grateful heart.  Be blessed.

John 9:4King James Version (KJV)4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.

As we wait for the blessed hope, let us not  become complacent.  Let us not forget the cause before us.  Let us never forget to pray for selves, families, friend and the unsaved around the world.

Rejoice knowing through the guidance of the Holy  Sprit we can work willing for the kingdom of God.

Betty
Pages: Prev 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Next Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout