Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 24, 2017, 08:04:45 AM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Front Porch
| | |-+  The simple blessings
« previous next »
Pages: Prev 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Next Go Down Print
Author Topic: The simple blessings  (Read 12433 times)
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #740 on: September 08, 2017, 11:50:06 AM »

September 8, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

Have you ever remarked:  "They just don't know what I am going through?"   Truth is, only God knows what we are going through.  He knows us better then we know ourselves.  He knows our past, present, and future.  His Holy Spirit lives in us and can see things from our point of view.  God understands why somethings hurt us more then others.   He knows the inter conflict that we face.   God knows the level and intensity of our physical and emotional pain.  He sees the invisible scars troubles in the past have left on our souls.  God only can provide perfect peace and comfort in our hearts that are often overwhelmed by pain and sorrow.

2 Corinthians 13:11Living Bible (TLB)11 I close my letter with these last words: Be happy. Grow in Christ. Pay attention to what I have said. Live in harmony and peace. And may the God of love and peace be with you.

Paul, often persecuted and in prison, knew that true comfort comes from our Heavenly Father.  In our distress we can go to God and find help and comfort.  We can trust God with our darkest secrets and our deepest pain.  God will heal us and bind our wounds.  When we begin to praise His Name, our hearts begin to fill with rejoicing and joy.   Even as we wait on the Lord for answers to our prayers, He sustains us and brings us comfort.  Even in the midst of the battle we can lay aside our pain and trust in God our Heavenly Father.  When God chooses to heal us in Heaven, we can endure our physical pain because He is with us.  He will never forsake us.

My friends, never forget that our suffering now is only a second, compared to an eternity in Heaven.  Where there will be no pain, no sorrow, or no grief.

Revelation 21:4Living Bible (TLB)4 He will wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying, nor pain. All of that has gone forever.”

Here is Andraé Crouch's rendition.
Andraé passed away just last month and will be sorely missed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUhs29mlcDc

It won't be long when we'll be leaving here
It won't be long we'll be going home
It won't be long when we'll be leaving here
It won't be long We'll be going home

Count the years. Count the years as months
Count the years as months
Count the months. Count the months as weeks
Count the months as weeks
And count the weeks. Count the weeks as days,
Mmm Any day now
We'll be goin'. We'll be going home

Spoken
Beloved, now we are the sons of God
And it doth not yet appear What we shall be,
but we know when Christ shall appear
We shall be like Him, for we shall see Him just as He is
In all of His majesty, splendor and glory

We shall, we shall be like Him
Ohh, I know that we shall, we shall be like Him
In a moment, in a twinkling of an eye, we shall,
We shall be like Him, any day now
We'll be goin'. We'll be going home

May our Lord God, grant you comfort and peace today.  May we rejoice in His great love for His children.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #741 on: September 09, 2017, 11:55:29 AM »

September 9, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

Luke 12:27King James Version (KJV)27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

I have often wondered how Jesus would think lilies were more beautiful then Solomon's jewels and gold.  The lilies did not work to be beautiful, they just did what they were meant to do and grow.
God doesn't ask us to be someone else.  He wants us to do what we were called to do.  When His children are obedient and follow God, we are beautiful to the eyes of God.  The lilies did not try to be roses.   We are not to try to be anyone else.   When we allow God to work through us, then the work we do is beautiful in the eyes of God.

Have you every heard of flowers having a nervous breakdown?  We as human beings can overwhelm ourselves when we try to be something we are not.  When we compare ourselves to others, we take our focus off what God wants for us.   As Paul said the Body of Christ needs all members of the body.  If every person were the head the body, the body could not move.  If every person was the feet, we could not function as a body.  God has a reason for the position that God has put you in.  When we stop fighting against our calling and allow God to work through us we will function beautifully.

As time draws to an end, let us not waste time by comparing ourselves others.   Let us seek God's guidance to be the best we can be in the position that God has called us to fill.  No matter what position we fill, do it well.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #742 on: September 10, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »

September 10, 2017
Good Afternoon and Blessed Sunday,

The Texans are having a bad game today.  In fact they are embarrassing themselves.   We have good days and we have terrible days.  Have you ever had a day when you lost your temper and you kinda wished that Christian bumper sticker was not on your car?  Could it be that there are days that God shakes His head and wished that we did not have that bumper sticker on our car?  Does God want to say:  the actions of this person does not reflect Me?

We will have days when our hearts are so overflowing with the love of God, that we are a walking around as a living testament of God's love.  Other days we seem to be waving a banner for the other side. 
The marvelous wonder of it all, is that God loves us as much on those days that our behavior is less then stellar as He does when we are at our best.  God's love for us is not fickle.  God's love for us is consistent.
Of course we should try to be consistent and live as loving and kind Christians every day.   When we lose our temper, if possible, apologize to those we have taken out our temper on.  Pick yourself up, ask God for forgiveness and keep on serving God.  Do not allow bad days, derail you.  Keep serving God.  We can not fix yesterday, but we can do our best today, through help of Jesus. 

We serve a loving, generous, and forgiving God.  We are blessed to have a relationship with the God of the universe.  Let us rejoice and praise His Name forever.
Betty

I saw the baby squirrel the other day.  It is still so tiny.
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #743 on: September 11, 2017, 12:01:29 PM »

September 11, 2017
Good. Afternoon and Happy Monday,

How do you feel today?  Are you physically tired?   Are you emotionally stressed?  Are you in pain?
Jesus cares about you.  He wants us to go to Him and talk to Him about our feelings.   God knows already but He wants us to talk to Him and share our feelings.  There is an old joke where a woman tells her husband that he hasn't said I love you, since their Wedding.  The man tells her if her ever stops loving her, he will tell her. 

Truth is to have a growing, thriving relationship, we have to communicate with one another.  Our relationship with God suffers when we do not talk to Him, daily.  We not only cheat God, but we cheat ourselves out of growing healthy relationship with our Lord and Savior, when we do not take the time though out our day to talk to God.  Even on the job we can talk to God.  We do not have to close our eyes or put our head down to pray.  We can pray for ourselves, our families, and customers.  A healthy prayer life makes for a healthy relationship with God.

The most important relationship we have is the one with Jesus.  Do we put in the effort to make this relationship strong?  Do we seek His face and praise His Name throughout the day?   Let us make more of an effort to strengthen our relationship with God.  What ever you are feeling today, take it to Jesus.  Seek His help and guidance for your life.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #744 on: September 12, 2017, 09:59:37 PM »

September 12, 2012
Goodnight and God bless you,

As I begin to settle in for the night, my heart is reminded of the old Hymn "How Great Thou Art".
If we could see God in all of His glory,  we would realize that we have no words to describe the Majestic Glory of our Heavenly Father.  Yet in His love for us, He accepts our feeble attempts to praise His Name and our worship of Him.  We cannot even measure the love,  that God has for mankind.   We can not even really grasp how great the sacrifice of His Son, for our redemption, really is worth.  Yet God take the time to listen to our prayers.   We are so blessed and we do not even realize the full extension of the blessings He has poured out on us.

I pray that God will watch over us and protect us.  That in the morning He will wake us with His love and care.  I pray for those suffering and those who are lonely.  Through the pain, remember this is not our eternal home.   We do have a future with God where there is no death, no pain, and no suffering.
Betty

https://youtu.be/UaDSaq2J6Cs
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #745 on: September 13, 2017, 01:04:21 PM »

September 13, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Matthew 6:25-34King James Version (KJV)

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:

29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.

30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?

31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?

32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.

33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Human beings spend a lot of time worrying.  We as Christians are no different.  Yet, God wants us to lay aside worry and trust Him.  If we are honest, complete trust in God is hard for us.  We feel confident as long as there is food in the pantry and the fridge.  Yet, many people in this world do not know what they will eat tomorrow.  The little things that we take for granted, are huge things to them.  This was made more real to me, when hurricane Harvey hit our area.  We had loaded up with can goods  like most, but when thousands of people had their homes flooded, even having a dry place to lay their head was gone. 

We were blessed to have men come from all over the area and even Louisiana to rescue people from their homes.  These man traveled through water with snakes to carry young and old in their arms to safety.  We saw angels in men who saved lives no matter what race or religion these people were.  Mankind coming together to save lives.  People admitting praying for help and God sent help to them. 

What a wonderful example of knowing that we can trust God.  When bad things happen He will step in and provide away of escape.  We can trust God.  We can remind ourselves that even in death, God will be with us.  When we go through a dark valley, God doesn't promise to meet us on the other side.  He will walk through the valley with us.

Daniel 3:24-25King James Version (KJV)24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

God did not stand outside the fire, looking in.  He was in the fire with the men.  Remember that if God takes you through the valley, through the flood, and through the fire, He will be  beside you. He will not forsake us.  We can trust God to be true no matter what.  When we take our last breath in this world God will be with us in this world and when we pass on to Heaven.  Even in death, He will not forsake us.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #746 on: September 14, 2017, 12:28:45 PM »

September 14, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

There is a song that Dwight Yoakam has out that says: "What I don't know may not hurt me".
Sometimes in life we find out things we wish we did not know and we hear things said about us that we wished we did not hear.   There is one area that we do not want to be dumb about and that is our relationship with Christ.  The better we know Christ, the better our relationship with God is.

Do you remember when you first fell in love with your mate?  The more time you spend together, the more your relationship grew.  God does not save our souls,  for us to go on our way, as if He did not exist.  Salvation is more then being saved from hell.  It is suppose to be a growing, fruitful relationship with our Heavenly Father.  When we do not take time to spend with God, we rob God and ourselves.  Over time, a strained relationship can lead to backsliding.  Let us treat our relationship as it is, a special relationship with the God who formed the universe with the words of His mouth.

How do we develop a healthy relationship with God?  We talk to Him daily in prayer and read His Word, to hear from Him.  We praise His Name and we worship Him.  He is worth all the praise and worship.  We love Him and we thank Him.  The closer our relationship is just like a new marriage, we want to talk and walk with Him daily.  We can rejoice knowing that God wants to be with us too.  We should aim to be stronger and richer in our spiritual life, this time next year, then we are today.  I pray that our spiritual health, does not grow stagnant and sick. 

Take your pain, your issues of life to your Heavenly Father.  Pray for lost souls.  Pray for our Country.  Spend time daily praising God.  Have a blessed day.
Betty

Yesterday there were several dove families enjoying the seed and the baby squirrel.

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #747 on: September 15, 2017, 01:04:00 PM »

September 15, 2017

Moral values in the world has changed.  If you are a conservative, even actors are coming out against you.  What has not changed is right or wrong in the eyes of God.  God does not allow politicians nor actors to define what is wrong or right in His eyes.  We as Christians, can be guilty of allowing the world's opinion influence us.  We can shut our minds up to the truth and begin to accept the popular "truths".  Even when we still believe the truths of the Bible, we can be guilty of keeping our mouth shut when God wants us to speak.  I am not saying we should be standing outside movies holding signs that say God hates gays.  God does not hate sinners, nor is He calling us to hate anyone.  God is not building up an army of haters to disrupt and offend people, but at the same time there will be times, God calls you to speak.  When you are asked what you believe, speak the truth in love.  Speaking the truth today is hard and you may be hated for it.

Luke 9:26King James Version (KJV)26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Many Christians voted for President Trump, because we could not vote for a party that is for a party that is for, abortion and gay marriage.  The devil is very angry about this.  Every day there is a new actor or musician that comes out saying that they do not want conservatives as their fans.  Their speech is often filled with profanity and hate.

John 15:18King James Version (KJV)18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

They think that they hate people and they do, but there hate is deeper then that.  There are doing the devil's bidding and hating everyone that supports the truth of God's Holy Word.  It is way more then the President.   They would have hated anyone who disagreed with their "values".   The devil is on a row and he is going to get bolder and bolder with time.  Oprah said that the world will be better off when all white people of a certain age, dies.  She is afraid to admit publicly, that many black people love the Lord and believe in His Holy World.  The truth is when the rapture takes place and all Christians leave this world, the far left will rejoice.  They will feel like the world has cleansed itself of those who believe different then them.
They may grieve over loved ones that leave, but soon the anti-Christ will come on the scene and convince the world that the world is better off without Christians.  Sadly there will be Preachers left that their Church is just a job and not a calling from God.  They have left their first love of God and replaced it with politically correctness.   They have replaced loving God for the popularity of mankind.  They will be a tool of the devil to convince the world, that those left behind are the true gifted ones.   That the world rid itself of people who stubbornly held on to Bible truths.  They will convince the world that through the man who will be the anti-Christ, they will make earth the real Heaven.  Anyone who disagrees will be put in prison or killed.  The world will accept this because if Mother Earth cleansed herself of millions of people, what is wrong with executing those who do not fall in line with the new rules?

This is not the time to be afraid nor run to the mountains or the dessert to hide.  This is the time to pray daily for the strength to be bold for Christ.  Pray that God will give us the courage to speak the truth, in love.  There will be times that God does not want us to speak.  Then we should pray for that person who has bought into the devil's lies.  Pray for sinners eyes to be opened to see God's Truths.

Fear not!  Rejoice!   We are so blessed to be living in the last days.  Jesus is coming for His Bride soon!  Rejoice and not fear.  Let the redeemed say:  "Praise the Lord!"   Do not be ashamed of your salvation.   Do not be ashamed of your Christian beliefs.    You hold the key to Heaven.  We have nothing to fear.

Matthew 10:28King James Version (KJV)28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

We are with Jesus in these bodies and in Heaven.  We can trust God with whatever happens.

2 Corinthians 5:7-9King James Version (KJV)7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.9 Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.

Yes evil is winning for now, but our hope is in Jesus and not this world.  We can rejoice in the knowledge that Heaven is our future.
Betty

Luke 21:28King James Version (KJV)28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #748 on: September 16, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

September, 16, 2017h
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

There are some days that we wake up feeling not our best.  Whether we are in pain or just have the blues, we just don't feel up to snuff.  One of the best ways to improve our mood is to think about the wonders of God.  If you can't think of anything, take a walk outside.  Look up at the sky.  Look at trees and flowers.  Listen to the singing birds.  Sing praises to God as you walk around.  Your heart will thank you.

We have so much to be thankful for.  We have a roof over our head.  We have food and clean water.  So many people in the world do not have these things.   I know I am guilty of taking good things I have for granted.   Of course I do not know your circumstances, but God does.  He is with you and He will not leave or forsake you.   When we feel overwhelmed, we can go to God and ask Him to comfort and encourage us.
I know, I have to do that to.  Sometimes we may even cry because we feel so bad.  That is okay.  Emotions do not make us weak.  It is okay to cry out to God and tell Him we need help.  Those quiet moments that we spend with God in our weakness, makes us stronger spiritually.  Our faith is increased because we trust God enough to go to Him in our weakness.  There is a peace that comes to our hearts and minds as we lay out our needs and concerns at Jesus' feet.

Do not allow people to judge you.  Contrary to some,  illness is not a sign of sin in your life.  Some of the most spiritual people I have known have had chronic illnesses and diseases.  It is not the load you carry that defines your spiritual health, but It is how you carry your load.  Are you able to praise God through the pain?  Do you become bitter?  We are all tempted to be angry about being ill.  It is when we trust God even when healing doesn't come that we grow spiritually.  For me, I remind myself that I will have a perfect body, one day in Heaven.

Whatever our circumstances, we are blessed and we can find true joy and peace in our relationship with God.  We can encourage one another.  We can share our love of Jesus with others.  We can treat everyone with kindness and lovingly.   Let others see Jesus in us.   What a wonderful way to live!
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #749 on: September 17, 2017, 09:12:29 AM »

September 17. 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

I saw a blue bird at my feeder.  That hadn't been back since the hurricane.   Last night I was thinking of my mom.  Every Saturday, she rolled us girls hair, shined our shoes, and ironed our dresses for Sunday morning, so we would look our best.  Growing up Church was important in our family and we rarely missed a service.  We took all that work that she did for granted.

There will be times, that our work will be taking for granted.  That is a good reason, to do as God said and do everything in His Name and for His glory.  We should pray that God will bless our work.  Doing a good job, reflects on God.   Sadly, doing just enough to get by, also reflects on God, but not in a good way. 
We do not want it said of us: "She says she is a Christian, but she is a lazy worker".   Christians should be know as dedicated workers.  Do your best, not for the praises of men but to honor God.  Mankind is fickle and those they love today, they may hate tomorrow. 

As you go about your day today, pray that God will use you for His Kingdom.  There is no better work then work for God's Kingdom.  Pray that others will be blessed by you.  I pray that God will bring diamonds of joy in your life today and bring joy and peace to your heart and mind.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #750 on: September 18, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »

September 18, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

Losing Our First Love or Lukewarm

Revelation 2:1-7King James Version (KJV)
2 Unto the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things saith he that holdeth the seven stars in his right hand, who walketh in the midst of the seven golden candlesticks;
2 I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
3 And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.
4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
5 Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.
6 But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitanes, which I also hate.
7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Remember when you were first in love with your mate?  You wanted to be around them all the time.  Everything that they said and did impressed you.  You even picked out clothing and wore your hair to please them.  When we first became saved, our love for God was young and we desired to know more and more about Him.   Through the many years of mountains and valleys, we can be guilty of going through the motions.   We go to Church, because it is expected, but are we listening to the Pastor?   We sing praises, but is our heart in the praise, or are we just singing words?  This is what is called going through the motions.  Motions without a heart of love for God is just meaningless words.  Have we left our first love? 

Love while it is a emotions, it has to be fed.  Love can die.  If your mate stops talking to you, your love will grow cold.  Let us not be guilty of not spending time with God.  Doing works for God is great and we should do so out of love for Him, but if we allow our relationship with God to grow cold, our works mean nothing.  The nearer we get to Jesus return, the stronger our relationship with God should and needs to be.  Let us not be guilty of leaving our first love.

Revelation 3:14-22King James Version (KJV)
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

We can also be guilty of becoming lukewarm.  Jesus makes it clear that being lukewarm is a sin.  You might say:  "wait a minute, the Bible doesn't say that?"

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth

Those are strong words.  No one wants to make God so sick that He wants to throw up.  If you ever drank lukewarm water, you know it is nasty tasting.  Hot water makes good hot tea and cold water makes good cold tea.  Lukewarm makes nothing.  I have heard it say that when a mate is mad at their mate, there is still hope for the Marriage, but when they have lost all feelings and feel nothing for each other, then only God can heal that marriage.

Let us pray every day that God will help our relationship to grow and our love for Him to multiply.  Ask God to help us never to leave our first love or to grow lukewarm.  We are so close to the prize, how sad it would be to backslide at this point in the game.   Do as Paul says and press on to the prize.

Philippians 3:13-15King James Version (KJV)
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.

Let us be faithful and loving children of God.  Let us walk in His path, allowing nothing to side track us from the work of our Lord Jesus.   When we do work, let us work out of love for God and not obligation.   There is victory ahead, my friends, never allow yourself to forget that.
Betty

Barry
Global Moderator
Abednego

« Reply #751 on: September 19, 2017, 03:43:35 PM »

Thank you, Betty! Smiley

God bless,

For thou art my lamp, O Lord: and the Lord will lighten my darkness. 2Samuel22:29
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #752 on: September 20, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »

September 20, 2017

Are we one type of person with our Christian friends and another with our worldly friends?  Is our faith shining through at Church and hiding around friends?  God forbid that we stick God in a closet when we are with our friends and take Him out when we leave our friends.   Are we ever ashamed of our relationship with Christ?  God forbid!

Mark 8:38King James Version (KJV)38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
     We can even be guilty  of allowing our mate to badly influence us.  When we stand before God, our mate and friends can't help us.  Of course we should be loving and kind to people.  We want to be loved by our mate and friends, but no person is worth backsliding for.   

Psalm 139:23-24King James Version (KJV)
23 Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: 24 And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Every day we need to ask God to search our hearts for hidden sins.  Ask God to show us areas in our spiritual relationships with God that need improvement.  Pray that our relationship is a growing healthy one and not dying due to neglect.  As the time clock for grace is coming to an end, we should fight harder and harder for our relationship with God to be better and better.  We do not want to have to hear from God when we face Him face to face saying:  "child, you started out strong but at the end you were just coasting and phoning it in.  Let us start strong and grow stronger.   We all have problem areas,  ask God specifically to help us in those areas.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #753 on: September 21, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

September 21, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

I saw the humming bird in the tree this morning, and I thanked God for the bird.  Health issues have made me depressed and seeing this little bird was a diamond of grace and joy from God.   There will be times my friends, when our struggles overwhelm us.   This does not mean that we are a failure as a Christians, nor does it mean that God has forsaken us.  Sometimes we have medical issues that need to be addressed with our Doctor. There may be times that you need to go on a medication to help you with depression, as I had to do.   We must not allow these times to be used by satan, to condemn us.   Getting help is not a weakness.  Admitting you need help takes strength and courage. 

James 4:8New King James Version (NKJV)8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded.

As we deal with physical and emotional issues, let us draw closer to God.  I have a tendency to close up into myself when I am depressed.  I need to open myself up more to God.  To talk to Him about what I am feeling and seek His help.  satan would have us hide our depression and feel ashamed.  If you fell and broke your arm, you would not feel ashamed.  When we are overwhelmed with a tired mind and feel emotionally drained, we should not berate ourselves.  I have to realize that I am at a weak stage at the moment.  I need to seek God's help. 

Are you discouraged?  Are you feeling overwhelmed?   Are you tired of being in pain every day.  If your answer is yes, like mine.  Let us come together, and pray for one another.  Let us lay aside the shame that the devil puts on us and remember God is still in the healing business and He still covers us with His grace and love.  Come my friends and let us go to God with our needs, fears, and pain.  Let us build one another up in love. 

We are not without hope.  We serve a living and loving God.  He will be with us through the dark valleys and we will come out on the mountain top.  Even when we are walking the dark days of depression, praise His Name and thank Him daily.  Rejoice knowing if we trust in God, we will come out on the mountain top.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #754 on: September 22, 2017, 01:51:56 PM »

September 22, 2017

Where is my hope built?

"My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly trust in Jesus’ Name."

People place their hope in many things.   Stock market, savings, and winning the lottery are some ways people hope to have better tomorrow.  While making a mistake in finances can make life harder, the biggest mistake is hoping in the wrong thing pertaining to our souls. 

We all have heard someone say:  "I just hope I do more good then bad!"  People see God putting our good and bad deeds on a scale.  Thinking if our good deeds out weigh the bad, we will be given entrance to Heaven.  Our righteous acts, cannot save us.  This is what God says about our righteousness:

Isaiah 64:6New International Version (NIV)
6 All of us have become like one who is unclean,
    and all our righteous acts are like filthy rags;
we all shrivel up like a leaf,
    and like the wind our sins sweep us away.

Our good deeds can not make up for the fact that we are born sinners and stay sinners, unless we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior.  Only the covering of Jesus' precious blood will save our souls.   Our precious salvation bought with a price does not give us a license to sin.

Romans 6:1New King James Version (NKJV)Dead to Sin, Alive to God6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?

Our love for God should cause us to run from sin.  When we do sin, our heart should hurt. If we can sin continually, and do not feel guilty.  There is a major problems in us spiritually.
It is very dangerous to kill our conscious.  Living in sin can lead to God no longing dealing with us.

Romans 1:28New King James Version (NKJV)28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
When we sin and we will, let us come to the feet of Jesus, not to plead our case or make excuses but to seek forgives from God.  Repent and turn from your sinful ways.  If we repent and then crawl back in the mud pit, our seeking forgiveness was for nought.

Our salvation is in Jesus and not ourselves.

"His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood.
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay."

The devil will fight against us to discourage us.  Remind your heart and mind that God has not left us nor forsake us.
Betty
https://youtu.be/rkMapZB8qMk
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #755 on: September 23, 2017, 08:07:06 PM »

September 23, 2017
Good Evening and Happy Saturday,

My sister and her son came to visit, hubby and I today.   I needed that very much.  I had been so depressed an their visit, refreshed me.   There are times we need refreshing.  All Christians can become depressed.  Many things can cause depression.  Hormone imbalance,  over doing physically and mentally, and even our mates can cause us to feel depressed.  God often uses people to encourage one another.  We should pray that God will open doors for us to encourage one another.  What a wonderful gift it is to be the light in the darkness for a fellow Christian! 

We know that we are living in the last days of grace.   We know the devil is fighting against God's children more then ever.  Let us not be afraid to admit when we need help.  There is no shame in needing help.   Seek God and talk to others, about your emotional and spiritual needs.  It is a privilege to pray for one another.  May we grow in grace and love and walk closer to God, every day.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #756 on: September 24, 2017, 08:46:08 PM »

September 24, 2017
Good Evening and Blessed Sunday,

I missed Church this morning because I was hurting.  This did not keep me from communicating with God, throughout the day.  We are blessed when we take time to pray.  We do not have to pray long prayers, but little prayers throughout the day, will enrich our day and allow God to know that we love Him.  My sister suggested I sing praises to God.  The COPD limits how long I can sing out loud, but God can hear my whispered songs of praise.  Praising God will lighten our spirits.

We serve a mighty God who deserves our praise and adoration.  When we praise God through the storms of life, our steps become lighter even in the storm.  When we take time to pray for others, we are blessing others.  It should be considered an honor to pray for one another.  Remember we are brothers and sisters in Christ.  We are family and family should pray for family.

Sometimes we can become frustrated with our physical family.   Whether it is a mate or sibling or even our child, continue to pray for them.   (No I am not upset at anyone).  Let's be honest there are times we can get so frustrated at our mates, that we don't even want to pray for them.   When this happens, pray that God will give us a spirit of forgiveness and pray for our mates.  Honor God by praising His Name and then pray for our needs and the needs of others.

May God richly bless you and your family.
Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #757 on: September 25, 2017, 01:05:45 PM »

September 25, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday

Psalm 31:3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

I do not understand how non Christians make it from day to day.  I cannot imagine a life where I could not talk to God every day as I go about the day.  God is such a big part of my life, that not having him in my life, would be like losing a part of my own body.  Thankfully, I will never have to experience that.  The Lord has promised to always be with me.

Deuteronomy 31:88 It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.”
      God is always with us, during the good and bad.   We can trust God with our deepest secrets and all of our pain, physical and emotional.   He is always with us and always will be.  We do not know what tomorrow holds for us.  That is okay, God goes before us and nothing that will happen to us that will take Him by surprise.   He will be holding our hand through the sweetest gardens and the worse moments of our lives.  We can live without fear when we trust God. 

Psalm 28:7King James Version (KJV)7 The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.

As we go about our day let us rejoice in our Heavenly Father and remind ourself that, God will strengthen us and protect us.  In our praises to God we will be uplifted and our hearts will soar with the joy only God can give.

Betty
BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #758 on: September 26, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »

September 26, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

HILLSONG – I COULD SING OF YOUR LOVE FOREVER LYRICS
[Intro:]
Over the mountains and the sea
Your river runs with love for me
And I will open up my heart
And let the Healer set me free
I'm happy to be in the truth
And I will daily lift my hands
For I will always sing of
Of when Your love came down

[Chorus:]
I could sing of Your love forever (x4)

[Bridge:]
Oh I feel like dancing
It's foolishness I know
But when the world has seen the light
They will dance with joy
Like we're dancing now

I could sing of your love forever (5x)

Sing a song of gladness.  Sing a song of victory.  Sing a song as a love offering to our Lord God Almighty.  When we sing unto to Lord, we open our hearts to hear from God.  We open our hearts to be filled with only the kind of joy that God gives. 

In the midst of saddens, depression, and physical and emotional pain, when we sing a song of sacrifice to God, our gift will be rewarded.  When my sister passed away, for a long time, I would sing praises to God with tears flowing down my face.  In these moments when I was overwhelmed with sorrow, God would fill my heart with His peace.  We sing praises not because our lives are perfect, but because of our love for God.  Our love for God should not be based on what has God done for me today.  Our love should be based on the realization that our salvation was bought and paid for by our loving Heavenly Father, who died for our sins. 

Rejoice my friends in knowledge of knowing that if you are a Christian, your future is secure in Heaven.

Betty

https://youtu.be/zeCwwaciAA8

BettyLouise
Meshach

« Reply #759 on: September 27, 2017, 01:48:49 PM »

September 27, 2017

If the temperature was 99 (occurs too often in Texas😛) and you saw your neighbor mowing, dressed in a snow suit, you would be shocked.  You most likely would run and check on your neighbor to see if they had had a stroke or something that effected  his mind.
Yet, we as Christians often do battle with satan, without the armor that God has provided for us.

We get into spiritual arguments without studying the Word of God.  Not preparing for such a battle, can leave us wounded and our own faith weakened.  Not only do we come out the loser but we can turn people away from God instead of towards God. This doesn't have to be.  Studying God's Word should be a regular part of our day.

Ephesians 6:11-18King James Version (KJV)11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

We must remember the devil often uses people to battle us.  The devil wants to cause to lose faith in God.  We need to be dressed for battle every day.  The devil does not warn us, ahead of a battle.  He sends arrows out from nowhere in attempt to cause us to backslide.  He will use strangers, coworkers, and even family members to attack us.  We must not give in.   While we fight in love, we must fight but we do not have to fight unprepared, nor do we have to fight alone. Pray every morning that God will help you be equipped for what ever the devil brings your way.

We are close to the end of the battle my friends.   Let us press on, remembering that victory is just in sight. When discourage comes go to God.  Soon, Jesus is combing for His children.  Keep your focus on Jesus.  Everything we suffer down here, will be rewarded in Heaven.
Betty

https://youtu.be/PyRZTAmcW7c

https://youtu.be/MUWbmtbzDno
Pages: Prev 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 Next Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout