Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2017, 09:45:43 PM
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout
News: Registration is Required to post, but it is always FREE and as PRIVATE as you'd like it to be.
We're as paranoid as you are! You're safe with us.

+  World Of Prophecy
|-+  General Discussion
| |-+  The Front Porch
| | |-+  The simple blessings
« previous next »
Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Next Go Down Print
Author Topic: The simple blessings  (Read 9284 times)
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #600 on: May 08, 2017, 12:25:29 PM »

May 8, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

This morning,  I nearly fell in the kitchen, only grabbing the counter stopped my fall, from simply getting my feet crossed up.   As we age, we find that we cannot do as much as used to and we have many more of those "senior" moments.    As we become weaker, it is easy to become discouraged.   We need to remind ourselves that even in our weaker state, God still loves us.  We are still important to God and He will not abandon us just because we are older and our health declines.     As we get older we will find less energy to shop and run the roads but we can spend more time talking to God and praying for one another.  Rejoicing in the glory of God and praising Him for His Majestic goodness and faithfulness, to His children.

This morning after I put the bird seed out, I was blessed to see "my" squirrel at the feeder.  I consider her mine because I feed her every day, although I have no clue if the squirrel is male or female.  The blue jay and male cardinal should be coming soon to eat.  On those days that I am not able to leave the house, I can rejoice in the blessings of nature.

As we age the devil will attempt to chop away at our self worth and try to convince us that we are less worthy of God's love.  Remember God loved you when you were an infant and totally depended on others.  His love for us does not diminish, nor our value to Him diminish because our health declines.  Trust in God and be faithful to the end.  Fight to the end with dignity and grace and allow God's love to shine forth from you to others.  Look forward to the prize before us and love one another just as Christ loves His children.

Betty

BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #601 on: May 09, 2017, 12:27:40 PM »

May 9. 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday,

John 1:14King James Version (KJV)14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

So much truth is wrapped up in one verse.   God gave up His home in glory, to live among man as man so that He could live and die for our sins.  He left Heaven where He was given His rightful praise continuously, to come to earth where He was ridiculed, spat on, tortured and killed.  He knew what awaited Him on earth but He chose to come anyway out of His great love for mankind.

May God forgive us when we neglect to praise Him.  When we take for granted His precious sacrifice and when we act like spoilt children.  Let us praise the God of Heaven every day and rejoice in the gift of salvation.   "How Great is Our God!"  Human words can not express the value of God.   Yet, He takes pleasure in His children and rejoices in our achievements.  The more we realize the sacrifices God made, not just on the cross but leaving  Heaven to live with us,  the more our hearts should sing songs of praise to God our father.  Our love for God should over flow our cups and we should be walking and talking examples of God's marvelous love.

Just as God left Heaven to walk with man, one day we will leave earth to walk the streets of gold with Him.  This ticket to Heaven was bought by Jesus, but we must accept the ticket and turn away from our sinful ways and choose to walk with God and do His will. We cannot do the will of satan and walk with God at the same time.  We must choose for ourselves, who we will serve.  This decision is the most important decision we will ever make.  Choose wisely!

Betty

BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #602 on: May 10, 2017, 11:42:41 AM »

May 10, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Matthew 25:23King James Version (KJV)23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

As I fed the pets, birds, and squirrels,  my prayer was that today I would be a faithful servant for God today.  I have found sadly, that it is easy to have the good intention of serving God with a cheerful heart, when we wake up.  Only to find that the we get laid astray by dealing with other people and circumstances.   Sometimes their actions can cause our  attitude to sour.  Sadly we can get angry because of circumstances or people and our desire to serve God, goes right out the window.    If we can step back and ask for forgiveness from God we can step back into a cheerful and giving frame of mind.   Too often, though our reaction is anger and bitterness.   We can even resort to blaming God.   Thinking that if He had not allowed those circumstances and those mean people mess up or day, we would have been a good and faithful servant.   Where as if we had faithfully serve in kindness in-spite of people and circumstances, not only would have given a gift of sacrifice to God, but we would have grown spiritually. 

God did not ask us to serve Him only on good days.   God did not ask us to love others only when they deserve love. God desires our obedience in good and bad times.   Where would we ourselves be if God only saved those worthy?   Heaven would not be our designation.    Let us not grow weary in serving God.  Remind ourselves that we can trust and depend on God when the sun is shining as well as the days when the sky is dark and clouds rumble and snap.  In the bad days, draw closer to God and talk to Him more often.  Remind yourself that God had not abandoned us.

Today look for those little diamonds in your path.  Speak kindness to others and be cheerful and not grumpy.   Yesterday I took pleasure in the blue jay that has joined my birds at the feeder.  He is beautiful and so big.  I saw a squirrel at the feeder when I woke up as I laid in bed.  Made me smile.

Betty 
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #603 on: May 11, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »

May 11, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

As I walked around the yard I prayed that God would inspire me with what I should write today.  When I brought the garbage cans up to the yard, I walked under a tree, where a little bird was singing.  After I brought the second one up, I looked up in the tree and thanked the bird for its song.  It stopped singing and started talking.  I would like to think the bird was saying "Thank you.  I am glad you enjoyed my song ".  Of course the bird could have been saying " Move on, you are disturbing me".  I do know the One that who always enjoys our songs to Him.  It doesn't matter if we have a beautiful voice or tone death.  God loves to hear our praises.  Of course we must be singing out of our love for Christ and not obligation. 

Sometimes we will find ourselves doing things out of obligation.  While it is good to be faithful and do things for others,  it is better if we do it for the glory of God.  When the devil whispers in your ear "you really do not want to do this", we answer back that we are doing this for the glory of our Lord and Savior.  Do not do your work to  impress other people. The praises of mankind are fleeting and tomorrow someone else will be their 'little darling' .  What we do for God will last throughout eternity. 

I love to sit and look out the window at the trees.  I saw the squirrel climbing the fence a few minutes ago.  Nature can bring peace into your heart.   The trees gently moving in the breeze.  Watching waves of water moving up to the bank and back again has a calming effect.   True peace and joy comes from God.  He wants to give both to us.  Sometimes we have to ask God to forgive us from sin and sometimes we must to take the time to sit with God awhile.   God wants to give us peace and joy, take  some time every day to spend with God, even if it is 10 minutes at a time.

Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #604 on: May 12, 2017, 11:28:33 AM »

May 12, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

When I stumbled into the kitchen this morning, both cats were at their bowls meowing.  This meowing continued until I put food in their bowls.  Their behavior made me think of how we as God's children can be so impatient.   Like the old saying "Give me patience and give it to be now".  When we want something whether it is a need or just a desire of the heart,  we want it NOW.  We do not want to wait for God's plan.
We are too focused on our needs and desires to see that God may have something better or a reason for wanting us to wait.

James 1:3-4King James Version (KJV)3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

I do not recall every reading in the Bible for us to pray for patience.  Yes we need patience but patience comes by the trials we face in our lives.  It is not a gift wrapped under the Christmas tree.  We developed patient over the years of hard knocks.   We develop patience as we learn to wait on God and we learn to have patience with others as we develop compassion and understanding for others.   That person who is fumbling for her check book at the register may have dealt with a verbal abusive spouse, before leaving the house.  That person in front of you that is walking slow, may be in much pain.  When we slow down our selves instead of making hateful comments about others under our breath, we are developing patience.  Some day someone may have to be patient with you.

Luke 8:15King James Version (KJV)15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
In Context | Full Chapter | Other Translations
Romans 5:4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Romans 8:25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
Romans 15:4For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
Romans 15:5Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
2 Corinthians 6:4But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
2 Corinthians 12:12Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
Colossians 1:11Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
1 Thessalonians 1:3Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labour of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;

God will meet our needs and very often supplies the desires of our hearts.  Let us work for Him and wait patiently for His plans to work out to His glory and for our good.
Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #605 on: May 13, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »

Good Afternoon and Blessed Saturday,

When we take the time to enjoy nature, we are reminded how great the God we serve, truly is.  We can see handiwork in the smallest flower and in the tallest mountain.  He spoke the creation of all things with just a word.  How marvelous it truly is that He would take the time to care about our physical issues and our emotional pain!  Yet we live in a world where people influenced by satan, talk trash to God and think that on judgement day, that will tell God, how it is.  As His children let us not be guilty of treating and speaking to God with disrespect.

It is okay to talk to God about how disappointed we are about things.  We can even tell Him when we are angry with Him.  Speak to God even in the midst of your anger with respect and love.  When we were teens, we learned quickly that there was a limit to what we could mouth off to our parents and a disrespectful tone in our voice was not tolerated.  We should treat God with respect out of our love for Him. When we were angry with our parents, we still loved them, in the midst of our anger.  It should be the same with God.  Sometimes God takes us down paths we do not want to be on.  Sometimes He allows things in our lives that do not make us happy.  When we submit to God's plans He will give us peace in our hearts and mind. 

In the midst of trails and pain, remind yourself of your future.  There is a reason for the choices God makes in our lives.  Trust Him even when the path is painful and scary.  One day we will be in Heaven and all we went through will just be a distant memory.  God does work out every thing for our good.  Everyone will have trials in your life.  You may feel overwhelmed today.  If so, cry out to God about your pain.  Ask Him to encourage and give you the strength you need today.

Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #606 on: May 15, 2017, 11:04:22 AM »

May 15, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Monday,

2 Corinthians 12:9King James Version (KJV)9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Many of us deal with one of more diseases.  Many of the the diseases, have symptoms, that try to knock you down, as soon as you stand up in the morning.  It can become tempted to dread each morning or to refuse to get up at all.  Jesus knew His children would have battles.  Some battles will not be won, until we pass through the river of death.  This is why He spoke through Paul, to remind us that His grace is sufficient.  God may allow us to deal with these issues until the day we die, but His grace and mercy will sustain us through them.  The less we kick against the wheel and accept His will  with trust in Him, the
more we will feel His presence.  This doesn't meant that there will not be days that we are overwhelmed, but these are the times to draw closer to God and resist the temptation to pull away from God.  God has given us a body armor to fight against satan.

Ephesians 6:10-18King James Version (KJV)

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

King James Version (KJV)
Public Domain

Maybe your battle is not physical.   There are many battles we face as children of God, but whatever your battle is remind yourself that God has not set us in the battlefield, unarmed.  Seek to be armored, by studying the Word of God and by prayer.  One day your battle will be over,  whether by passing from this life to Heaven or by the glorious rapture.  Rejoice in your salvation and the knowledge of what awaits you in Heaven.  In the midst of the fight, encourage yourself in the Lord.  Some spiritual growth only comes by pain and suffering.  It is not God desire that we suffer in vain.  It is His desire that we grow spiritually strong through the battles.   If we cannot stand though these battles, how we stand if we had to die for our faith?   Today, in this world there will be those who will be put in prison for their faith in Jesus.  Yes, there will be those executed for their belief in Jesus.  Whatever battlefield that God has put you in, let us strife to fight with faith and trust in God.

Betty

Listening to the birds call out to each other, is my morning jewel, today.
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #607 on: May 16, 2017, 12:03:08 PM »

May 16, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Tuesday

ANDRAE CROUCH - It Won't Be Long Lyrics
It won't be long
Till we'll be leavin' here
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

Count the years as months
Count the months as weeks
Count the weeks as days
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

Count the years as months
Count the months as weeks
Count the weeks as days
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
We shall be like Him
Any day now
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

It won't be long
It won't be long
It won't be long
We'll be goin' home

I was singing this chorus this morning as I took care of the pets, birds and squirrels.  When I think of Heaven, there is a longing for God to come and get us.   While I must admit, having a healthy body is part of it, there is also a deep longing in my soul to be in the presence of Jesus Christ.  To kiss the scars that He bears for the cost of my salvation and to sit with Him awhile and just talk to Him- face to face.  What a glorious thought!  My soul moans with anticipation of being in Heaven with Jesus.  This doesn't mean I have laid down my cross.  I want to work for God until my last breath, even if it is just praying for others.  May I never become so self minded that I neglect praying for the hurts and needs of others, because I am so self obsessed with my own needs and pain.  May God grant me the mercy and strength to pray for others through my own pain.  In my own sickness may I always be mindful and pray for others who also suffer, daily.

May God remind me daily to pray for those who are persecuted for their faith in Jesus.  May I remember to lift up those in prison, for their belief in Jesus.  Help me God, to lay aside my own needs and pray for those who suffer for thy sake.  May your children, remember to pray for one another and remind ourselves and each other that the prize that awaits us, is worth the pain we suffer today.  The closer we get to the end of grace may we be willing to share thy grace and salvation with others.  The devil wants us to be so focused on our own needs that we are blinded of the suffering of others.  Let our eyes and ears be open to the doors you open for us to share the light of your Gospel to those who are searching for Your Truths.  May we each be open to do your will not out of obligation but out of our love for you.

I pray that you will come get your Church soon but until that moment, help us, your children to be a shining light in a world that is growing darker every day.

Betty

https://youtu.be/yUhs29mlcDc

BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #608 on: May 16, 2017, 02:24:08 PM »

Sept, 19, 2015 is the date I started this blog.  My failures and lack of education was foremost in my mind. I feared embarrassing God and even to this day, I read and reread to see if there are any misspelled words, usually are.  I was a bad speller in elementary, and still, am.  I have learned that God wants me to write from my heart.  He is not going to turn me in to my favorite Sunday School teacher or my favorite Precher.    God wants to use us in our skin and through our own experiences.  I believe God has a job for all of us and if we are willing, He will use us for His glory.  I have found that if I write what God lays on my heart, I do not have to worry that others will not like what I say.  My job is not to keep from hurting feelings but to write for the glory of God.    There are times, the things I write,  fill me with conviction and I have to stop and ask forgiveness from God.   Yes, I am pleased as punch when God uses me to touch the heart of others.  There is a joy nothing can replace, when we know that God is using us to help others.  I, too have been encouraged and blessed by others.   God's mercy abounds and is like no other.  I pray that God will use me for His glory, till the day I die. 
Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #609 on: May 17, 2017, 11:00:32 AM »

May 17, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Wednesday,

This morning as I walked around the yard, I sang to God.  Since I don't know all the words to songs, it was a song with little bits from many songs.  Thankfully God did not call me to be a singer.  It doesn't matter if we know all the words to songs or have a beautiful voice, when we sing to God from our heart.  One sentence that came to me was "I traveled many miles to get to here".  Any of us who have lived to be over 60, has traveled through the flood, fire, valleys and atop mountains, spiritually and emotionally.  There have been times that God has dragged me to where He wanted to be because I was not going willingly.   There have been times that I stood on the mountain of His grace and rejoiced at the knowledge that God was with me.  God has always been with me, but sometimes I could not see Him through my tears and doubts. 

All of us have been through bad times.  Times that we do not even like to think about because years later, the pain of it, still cuts.  There were times, that it seemed God did not answer our prayers.  Even now as our trust in Him has grown, we can look back and still wonder why a prayer was not answered.  For now, it must be enough that God always had our best interest at heart.  One day we will understand why.  The more we trust in God the less the past hurts us.  The person we are today is because of the good and the bad things in our past.  Rejoice in what you have become through the grace of Jesus and wait with patience, until the time all will be revealed. 

Looking out the window, there is a slight breeze and the birds are quiet.  Take time today for quiet reflection with your God and Savior, Jesus Christ.  May God bless and keep you safe.

Betty
Daisy
Daniel

the Kingdom of Heaven is like...

« Reply #610 on: May 17, 2017, 05:34:27 PM »

(((((((Sis Betty ))))))))

Almost 2 full years blogging! Praise the Lord!!! I love every entry and read daily. Hope many more a coming too!

thank you and giving thanks to Jesus for your faith and courage to "keep on keepin on" sharing your gifts with us all. Funny wonderful how you often write about things pressing on my heart.

Bless You hug2

Flower Ears

Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
Looking for that blessed hope,
                            and the glorious appearing of the great God
                                                             and our Saviour Jesus Christ Tit 2:13
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #611 on: May 17, 2017, 07:16:01 PM »

"thank you and giving thanks to Jesus for your faith and courage to "keep on keepin on" sharing your gifts with us all. Funny wonderful how you often write about things pressing on my heart."

Thank you for your kind thoughts.
Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #612 on: May 18, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »

May 18, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Ronnie and I were both awake most of the night.  Him insomnia and me in pain.  This morning put the dog out to do her business and fed the cats and the dog went back to bed to join, Ronnie.  It is okay for us to get extra rest when are sleep depraved.  In times of distress we are told to rest in the Lord.

Psalm 37:7King James Version (KJV)7 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

How do we rest in the Lord?   Sometimes we lie our bed and pray and then rest in His presence, for His response.  Other times even if we are moving around doing chores or at work, we can allow our spirit to rest in God.  This is the time to stop making plans about  how we are going to do things, but prayerfully wait for God to give us His answers.

Psalm 73:26 “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.”

Psalm 61:1-4b “Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer. From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge, a strong tower against the foe. I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.”

Psalm 62:1-2 “My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.”

Isaiah 40:28-31 “Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.”

Hebrews 4: 9-11 “Let us therefore strive to enter that rest, so that no one may fall by the same sort of disobedience.”

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

Psalm 127:1-2 “Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain. Unless the Lord guards the city, the guard keeps watch in vain. It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for he gives sleep to his beloved.”

1 Peter 5:7 “Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.”

Psalm 62:5 “Yes, my soul, find rest in God: my hope comes from him.”

Psalm 116:7 “Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.”

We live in a world that if full of stress.  The devil runs from one corner to another corner to cause devastation.  His demons are causing chaos and sin is running rampant.  satan is filling hearts with hate and evil towards others.   I have never seen a President, that is hated as much as President Trump.  Literally, entertainers are ramping up their careers just on trashing President Trump.  I read where Jimmy Fallen apologized for making Trump look human on his show.  There was a young man arrested for beating up people in their 80's and 90's for fun.    It's enough to make us fearful, if we had not read the Bible.  The Lord has told us the world will get worse and worse as the days of grace come to an end and then the anti-Christ will come on the scene.  I believe the rapture will come before he is revealed but I believe he is quietly putting things in place for his reign, even today.

As we wait for the rapture, let us work for God, but also take time to rest in the Lord Jesus.  Pray that the Holy Spirit will refresh your spirit and soul.  Fear not what is coming in the world, but hold on to the knowledge that we will soon be leaving this world for Heaven.  Rejoice and keep your eyes upon the prize; eternity with God.  Everyday, ask God to give you courage, peace of mind and heart and joy.

Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #613 on: May 19, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »

May 19, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Friday,

"Best Intentions"

This morning I moved the bird bath from the front yard, to the back.  I had moved it there months ago, because I thought it would look neat in the front yard.   My water hose is in the back yard.  I convinced myself that I would open the gate and drag the hose to the front yard to refill the water daily.  I did it once.    I had not realized how much trouble it would be to drag the hose to the front yard or how out of breath I would get doing so.

Our best intentions can get us in trouble.   Sometimes we underestimate how much trouble a job is going to be when we volunteer for the job.  When the job turns out to be too big for us, we either halfway do it or just don't do it all.  In times like this, when we find we can not do a job correctly,  let us be honest with those involved.   Tell them the job turned out to be beyond our abilities or we misjudged how much free time we actually have to work on the job.

Other times our intentions are misunderstood by others.   I am sure we have all been witness to a conversation, where someone says something nice about an extra job a person took on only to hear someone say "they only did it to impress others".   This is one area where God has convicted me.  We have no right to judge someone's motives.  Unless the person tells you that they did the job for wrong motivations we should always think they did the job out of the best intentions.  We cannot see into the heart or mind of others.   We do not know what the motivation was for why someone did something.  Only God knows the motivation of why someone does something.   Sometimes we do not even know why we do things.  When satan puts judgments thoughts in your head about the motivation of others remind satan and yourself that it is not your job to judge the motivations of others.

Sometimes we fail God in our best intentions.   We promise things we cannot fulfill.  It is best not to promise God that we are going to spend X-number of minutes every day in devotions.   We are better off committing to spend time with God every day.  There will be days that we can spend more time then others in prayer and meditation, then other days.   The important thing is to spend some time with God every day.

When we do spend time with God, whether it is 5 minutes or 30 minutes let us give God our full attention.   You cannot study God's Word, while doing two other chores at the same time.    Through out the day we can talk to God while doing other things.   We can pray and sing praises while we are driving.   We can talk to God while working at the office or home, but always take time for some quality time with God, alone.

Have a blessed weekend.   I am happy to say that the blue jay has been making my feeder a regular stop.
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #614 on: May 20, 2017, 01:04:59 PM »

May 20, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Saturday,

As I sit here, I see the American Flag and the leaves gently moved by the wind.  There are times that God moves us gently to a new path, new job, and even a new town, even a new State.  There are other times that we feel as if we are moved by a hurricane.  There are some trials we go through that literally bring us to our knees.  I read recently somewhere where someone wrote "if circumstances bring you to your knees- pray, after all you are in the perfect position to pray.   Sadly in those times, prayer is the last thing on our minds.  Sometimes, we want to scream to the heavens and kick anything in our path.  Other times, we want to just lie there and just die . 

Change is hard.  The older we get the more we resist change.    I am of the mind that change is for the young.  God does know best.   There are times that God moves us out of a situation, because we have become too comfortable.   There are times God moves us, because He sees we are in a situation, that can lead us into sin.  Contrary to the world view, God is not playing chess with people's lives, moving people around like chess pieces out of boredom or just for fun.  God has a purpose for His children.  When He moves us, it is for a Godly purpose. 

Change can come in our jobs, our homes, in our families.    Some people thrive on change and hate to even be in the same place for very long.  Most of us resist change.  When we feel that we are being led in a new situation begin to pray.  Pray that God will provide what you need in your new situation.   When we moved to Washington, I prayed for 6 months that God would provide a Bible preaching Church.   He did.  When we feel God is brining us to a new job, pray for God to provide a job where He can use you in your job for His Glory.   Sometimes God moves us to a different Church.  Pray that you can find a Church where the Pastor is not afraid to preach the truth of God's Word.   

When you feel that God is bringing change in your life, pray for guidance and direction from God.  Trust in Him to have your best interest at heart.  Pray that you will be open to the will of God in your life.

Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #615 on: May 21, 2017, 09:26:54 AM »

May 21, 2017
Good Morning and Blessed Sunday,

Do you remember what you were thinking when you gave your heart to Jesus?   Some accept out of fear of hell and others out of love for Jesus.  I do not believe either way is wrong.  But as we grow in grace, we need to realize that God is love and God is the God of judgment.   How can He be both?  The same way a parent loves on their children when they are hurt and punishes them when they are rebellious.   Discipling  children does not mean that we do not love them, nor does God's discipline for His children means He has lost His love for them.

Hebrews 12:6-11New King James Version (NKJV)

6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives. you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? 8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. 9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live? 10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness. 11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

It is a dangerous situation to be in, when we can live in sin and not be convicted.   When you feel no conviction for sin, it means your heart has hardened against the Holy Spirit's call.  There is a time when God will no longer call but in essence walk away from you.

Romans 1:21-32King James Version (KJV)

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Why does God give up on people?   When people who know the truth and yet, hardened their hearts to the truth, they have in their own heart and mind knocked God off His  throne and put themselves on the throne.   They have rejected the teachings of God and decided to make their own truths.  The more they reject God's truth the harder their heart becomes and they will reach a point that God will give them over to sin. 

The more we love God, the more we accept His will.   The more we reject His will,  the colder our faith is until our flames goes out and with our flame our salvation.    If we choose sin over God, we cannot enter Heaven.   There is a difference in occasionally sinning and asking for forgiveness and living in sin.  Living in sin, one has the attitude that they are going to do things their way, no matter  the cost.  Sadly they underestimate the cost.   Is there any lifestyle of sin that is worth hell?  No!  Jesus paid the cost for our salvation.   We must pay the cost of rejecting sin and living in the will of God.    Every day we live, is one less day we have to make it right.  Soon all our days will disappear like dust in the wind.  Then it will be too late to choose, our choice will be set in stone.

Revelation 22:11King James Version (KJV)11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.

Once we die it is too late to get saved.  When Jesus comes back for His Church, those who are not saved will be left behind, to face the tribulation.   Some people will get saved during the tribulation, but the Bible makes it clear you will be-headed for your faith in Christ.  Many will die in the plaques and never get saved.  Those who take the mark of the beast cannot get saved and will spend eternity in hell. 

The time to turn away from sin is now.  Accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.  Pray for your lost family and friends.  Speak the truth in love, while you still have a chance to do so.

Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #616 on: May 22, 2017, 11:49:28 AM »

May 22, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Monday,

When we fall asleep at night and awake the next morning, do we take a moment to praise God for another day?   The answer most likely is sometimes.   Sometimes we do begin the day and end the day with a prayer.  Other times, we go to bed worried about tomorrow and wake up with a mind congested with the things we need to accomplish that day.   Our day can begin with frustration, fear, and concern for the day.  Yes, there are days that the events scheduled, can overwhelm us.   Sadly,  on those days we neglect the One who can give us peace and help us through the day.  Even if you do not have time to sit and pray, you can pray as you shower and dress.  Talk to God about your needs for the day and ask Him to give you peace of mind.  When we trust God to help us, He will guide us and settled our minds.  As we go throughout the day remind yourself of the many blessings that God has bestowed on you and your family and praise Him for it.

When we talk to God as we begin the day, we are less likely to be snappy and irritated with ourselves and others.  When God replaces the anger with peace, things will be better for us and the people we deal with throughout the day. 

Psalm 29:11King James Version (KJV)11 The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

As we walk through our day, take time to talk to God.  Tell Him your needs and praise His Holy Name.

Betty

It is raining so the birds and squirrels are napping somewhere.

BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #617 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:11 AM »

May 23, 2017
Good Morning and Happy Tuesday,

Where we live we have the choice of one internet company.  It seems at least once a day or many times a day we have to unplug the modem and plug it back it in to get connected to the internet.  Does it seem like there are times that we have trouble connecting to God?   There are times that it is guilt over sin in our life, but it can also because because we are physically and spiritually tired.   To keep sharing the Gospel with others, we need to get refueled ourselves.   We need time alone with God.  We cannot run on a empty tank.

In our busy often hectic life, we can begin to think spending time with God is a chore, yet spending time with God is a privilege.  It our President was to visit us, we would cancel everything on our schedule to visit with him.  How much more is important God is!   I am not saying we need to quit our job and not do our daily errands, but make time for God.   Take time every day to spend with your Heavenly Father.  He is worth the effort.  Remember to pray for your family, friends, and others that you hear are in need.

Betty

The dove couple came this morning to the feeders.
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #618 on: May 24, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »

May 24, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Wednesday,

Yesterday, I found out a family member is being mistreated.  This broke my heart.  This morning when I woke up and I laid in bed awhile, I begin to feel convicted.   It is natural for us to hurt when our loved ones and friends are hurt.   As children of God we should also hurt when God's children are being persecuted and killed for their faith.  It is a little harder to stay informed because American media has no pity on Christians.  Imagine if it came out that in another Country,  Muslims were being persecuted and killed for their faith.  There would be an outrage all over the world.  The media stays quiet because it is not politically correct to say that Muslims are killing Christians for their faith.   Men, women and children are being tortured and murdered simply because they are Christians.   

http://www.persecution.com/.  Is a site you can go to, that tells us about the suffering of Christians all over the world.   Not only should we hurt at the knowledge of this but we should pray for those affected. 
The Bible tells us there is coming a day when all religions will come together as One.  This will be done another the mistaken belief that it will bring peace.  This One World Religion, will deny the deity of Jesus.  When the One World Government comes into power people who trust in Jesus as their Savior will be put in prison and if they refuse to deny Jesus they will be killed.  This will happen in ever Country.  What do we do?   We draw neigh to Jesus and pray that our faith will be strengthen.   

Matthew 25:21King James Version (KJV)21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

For now we pray for those who are already in this situation.  We pray for their safety and that their faith will be strong.  I read about several people who denied Jesus when faced  with death.  Sadly they were still killed.  So their denial was fruitless.  If we stay strong even until death, Jesus will welcome us in to Heaven where we will never be hurt again.

Of course, we should pray for our loved ones when others hurt them, but let us also remember to pray for Christians who are under physical and emotional attack from satan, himself.
Betty
BettyLouise
Shadrach

« Reply #619 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:08 AM »

May 25, 2017
Good Afternoon and Happy Thursday,

My morning devotion was about how King Saul was jealous of David, because David was blessed by God.  If Saul had repented and sought to live a life pleasing to God, he could have became content in his circumstances.  Instead he allowed hate to grow in his heart, to the degree that he wanted to kill David.  He tried to kill David, many times, but God did allow him to succeed. 

We, too can become jealous of others.   While we do not acknowledge that we are jealous, we begin to resent others who have something we do not have.   Everyone on this earth doesn't always get what they deserve.  It is not uncommon for the laziest employee to get the promotion because they look busy around the boss.   It is not uncommon for people to be content with their home, until they visit a friend, who has a home they like better.  We can also become discontented with our mate, when we hear our great and attentive someone else's mate is. 

We need to learn to be content in our circumstances.  Instead of focusing on what others have, let us be thankful of what we have.  Instead of letting our minds dwell on what we do not have, count out our own blessings.  When we spend less times thinking of what others have and more time thanking God for what we have, we will find more peace.  I have lived in 17 different places, since I got married.  Every place had its good points and its bad.  It's easy when we are not content to dwell on the things we do not like, but when we instead remind ourselves of the good things we can be happy.

Jealous is one of the little foxes that Jesus reminds us, that can kill the vine.  The fox starts little but the more we feed that fox with our thoughts the bigger it gets and the more destructive it becomes.  When we see the first sign of jealous, ask for forgiveness and send that little fox away before it becomes bigger then we can control.   Often times murder is committed by someone who started out angry at someone and allowed that anger  to grow into bitterness that literally took over their lives.   There are many in prison for murder or attempted murder, who must wonder how they go there.  They let anger go unchecked until the anger and bitterness controlled them. 

Ephesians 4:31King James Version (KJV)31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Betty
Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 Next Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Home Help Search Login Register Chat Logout